Second Skin Audio

two box designs which one would you choose?

port in the middle is usually better than port on the side. subs will load differently if the port is on the side.

edit: dont know if this is different from vehicle to vehicle, but equal loading would make sense to lead to a better sounding sub stage

Edited by Kranny

what kind of vehicle, in a hatchback, or suv i would do the first, in a trunk i would more than likely do the 2nd

please explain how having a trunk dictates more of a neccessity for port on one side???

center port works in any vehicle, because each sub sees the exact same pressure and volume for the rear wave, that is not true for side slot port

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

what kind of vehicle, in a hatchback, or suv i would do the first, in a trunk i would more than likely do the 2nd

please explain how having a trunk dictates more of a neccessity for port on one side???

center port works in any vehicle, because each sub sees the exact same pressure and volume for the rear wave, that is not true for side slot port

Yea but if they are in the same chamber with slot onto the side. Won't they still have the same pressure bc they are starring one chamber. I could see if they were in different chambers and one port on the side

after reading this thread, im considering building a new box. Ive had my subs facing the trunk and port firing into the drivers side wheel well for a while now. I think ill try subs and port back with the port in the center of the box...

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

cant you just do box 1 with port and subs both facing back?...measurements look like there is room to do it..dont understand why you wouldn't

also...why is it that everything somebody says will give you DB gains is always in 3db increments?...that should be your first clue that is more of a guess than proven!

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg