• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the equipment looks good so far.....post up them pics.

starting the HU and front component's tomorrow the box begins the 21st. sometime before the season i gotta dyanmat and replace all the wiring.

----reference's----

meade916

looks good. i'm currently running 2 fusions (exact ones you have) and they dont' thump THAT hard but im using a shitty 300 w rms amp ... so idk maybe urs will be better. i'm also using a prefab box :/

i bought the amp for $200 and paid $10 for the subs if they dont sound good i will wall socket them and go buy the P3's i have been talking about. i know those will pound hard as hell

----reference's----

meade916

i saw a hummer at a show around here all decked out in fusion gear. never heard it up close and personal tho. been curious as to how they sound

me too. a few people around my area said they sound nice. but im not sure. the specs seem good. but its for my wife mainly. just as long as it can get loud wheni need it to i will be happy. i got a feeling though in feb. i will be getting the p3's

----reference's----

meade916

i absolutely love that alpine!!!

i like the older 7986 or something like that too.

soo damn nice with the tilt face. hgow much it hit you for? $260?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

i absolutely love that alpine!!!

i like the older 7986 or something like that too.

soo damn nice with the tilt face. hgow much it hit you for? $260?

not even close man i work at best buy and the manager on duty that night loves me. i got it for $123 out the door. :D

----reference's----

meade916

this is what i started with. some crappy old 4x6 from sony. i pulled these out of a car at the junk yard 4 years ago. good bye for ever now.

Posted Image

this is the HU. $65 at a florida pawn shop. served us well.

Posted Image

first test fit of the crunch 5.25" comp set. just a little to big.

Posted Image

used a piece from my sons old crib to make a little mounting plate for the comp set dont tell my wife

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

now they fit perfect

Posted Image

the before of the door panel

Posted Image

the after with the crunch tweeters installed

Posted Image

Posted Image

drilled a 1.75" hole in the door panel. and mounted the crossovers behind the arm rest with the handy mans secret weapon which pissed my wife off quickly. she did not want holes in the car until its paid off. but fuck it i was on a roll.

then i started the lovely task of the alpine install. man i hate cavalier's the whole damn dash needs to come out just to do it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i was only able to get a few pics because my buddy sean had terrets (spelling he twitch's bad and alot) and he studders. he twitched right by my work bench and knock my $500 digital camera on the shop floor and f-in broke it. so i will put finished pics of the HU up whenever i can. the box will be started on the 21st.

----reference's----

meade916

the last pic show the alpine HU and the Ai-net cable with the "Y" cable for my wife MP3 player. i love this alpine sounds beautiful. i cant wait to put the new subs and amp in. B)

----reference's----

meade916

not even close man i work at best buy and the manager on duty that night loves me. i got it for $123 out the door. :D

DAMN!!!!!!!

its a regular price of around $260 though, if i remember correctly.

hook a brotha up :D

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer