Does anyone have a computer they dread to use?

just like it says can be at work, at school, or at home and if willing post specs

i hate having to use the computer at work for music cause it is just too slow

it randomly just freezes just streaming music but eventually unfreezes

old dell with windows xp

504MB ram

intel pentium 4

made in 2004

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything apple...

My one and only personal school/having/family computer. Crashes opening youtube. Lags like a mofo playing runescape in low detail mode...

Win xp, 2gb ram (1gb stock), 160gb hdd (70% full of steam games/world of tanks and school work), nvidia 9400gt (gt200 stock), amd something proc ( 2.1ghz), built in 2003. Crashed 10+ times, over $1k in repair work done to it.

Everything at school that aren't engineering computers. All run of some damned cintix box, 500+ boxes hooked to a total of 5tb storage...

This pos phone I'm on now. Samsung galaxy s2 mezmerize.

368mb ram, 16gb storage, 1.6ghz proc... Shit battery, freezes all the time.

Edited by KiKaZz74

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

the computer in the living room in my house,

my HP has a AMD Phenom™ II X4 830 Quad core processor Processor, 8 gigs of ram, and a 1 terrabite harddrive. with 3067 MB of graphics memory

where as the compaq in the living room has a single core processor. 2 gigs of ram and i think a 200 gig harddrive. not sure how much graphics memory

Edited by bass_stalker

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

I don't dread my computer entirely, but I'm getting annoyed by my HD 4850, it runs too damn hot, the drivers never work ever, and now it's starting to crap out when I try to play Need for Speed Underground 2, it just all of a sudden stops working, and resets my computer, and that's an old game.

Never buying Ati/AMD videocard products again

Edited by Omega5002

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Only think I dread is my mom's office computer.

I'm so used to using my laptop (i7 @ 1.73GHz, 1GB VRAM, 6GB RAM) and my desktop (i5-3570K @ 4.8GHz, 8GB RAM, 1GB VRAM).

I go to use her computer, and it feels like it's just doing nothing. She has a single core Intel from who-the-hell-knows, with 512mb ram, and a 40gb hard drive.

Edited by inm
On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Pentium I 166mhz, 16mb ram, 10gig hdd. Win 98

Suck it bitches :P dont really use it... got it from my school for free a few years back and it just sort of collects dust. I'll boot it up the odd time for shits and giggles mostly.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

i dread the 10 year old HP desktop in the den, thing is old and slow, 1 gig of ram was a ton for when we got it, and it has that, lol.

Main computer i use is a 17" MacBook Pro [email protected] GHz/core 8G of ram (going to upgrade to 16G as soon as i can, protools sessions with lots of plugins makes it hiccup at times, same for abelton) and a 7200RPM 750G HDD. I have a Glyph 1T 7200RPM external, and a Focusrite audio interface that i use with my computer when I'm recording or producing.

I have a 17" HP with an i5 and 6G of ram thats a few years old now. And i have a 17" Toshiba that i forget the stats on, the AC port broke, so i need to have a friend solder a new one in for me and it'll be good to go.

At school i love the computers, iMacs in our labs (classrooms with computers) and powermacs in all the studios with protools HDX setups.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i don't dread my computer but i expected way more , i have a toshiba laptop 4 gig ram and 320 gig hard drive running a 64 bit version of windows 7 , amd vision 1.33 ghz , it was $260 at best buy 8 months ago .

i only bought this because my old dell inspiron 8600 got a worm and it wasn't cost effective for me to refurb it get a new hard drive and find a copy of windows xp and upgrade the ram , and it was running a 32 bit version of xp so i couldn't have gotten the most recent updates due to that . surprisingly my new toshiba runs about the same as my old dell ran when it was running good .

Edited by b-dubs89