Sonic Electronix

How Far Will People Hear Me Coming?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I had the 9915s in my wagon I used to be able to make people jump in shock at the other end of the street when I turned it on. My ute used to be able to knock people's rear view mirrors out of position from like four cars away too :)

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

I aint taking up for nobody, but I know you fools with the 18"s or several thousand watts aren't talking about a noise ordinance. That makes me sicker than anything. I bet you did care well you were getting it put in. I got my four woofer and dont care what anybody thinks. I was pulled before and the cop looked in my ride and grasped. He said "I can see all those subs in there and can tell you put a lot of money in that. I don't care how loud you play it, just turn it down when police are around." If everybody did that, you could be as loud as Meade and not have any problems.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

i think the how far i can be heard bit is like us multi woofer folks, , not a thing of im louder than xxx or xxx its a my cock is bigger than yours because i was heard from the chicken coop , over the dogs barking at the cats and the babys cryin in the background.... :lol:

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

If all your worried about is how far you can be heard, you into this for the wrong reason. Its nice to be loud, but I'd rather it be inside the car and at least somewhat clean sounding, not annoying everyone ahead for 2 miles with my distortion. Sure I'm guilty of rollin through town with the windows down and my system bumpin. The only reason i do that is there are few houses in town here and the ones that do complain only complain about stereos, No one cares about the straight piped harley or the truck with no pipe past the headers that went by. When i'm in a different community i watch myself. Kind of contradictory to what i said in the beginning, but its a situational thing. lol

I drive a Jeep and have two Kicker L7 15s powerd by a Crunch PZI 3000.1 @ 1 ohm with 1/0 gauge wiring. Subs are getting about 800-900 watts each. Estimating, how far will people hear me coming? Thanks

Im running 2 SL712's on a T20001bd @ 2 ohms in a solid enclosure tuned to 33, Im heard over a half mile away, Id say about the same at least for yours.

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

Im running 2 SL712's on a T20001bd @ 2 ohms in a solid enclosure tuned to 33, Im heard over a half mile away, Id say about the same at least for yours.

Yeah my box is tuned at 33.3 hertz so we are roughly the same.

banginsebring07, people are into sound systems for many reasons. There is no one "right" reason. It is all personal preference. The reason why I got into sound systems is because one day when I was playing basketball at the park in the front of my neighborhood I heard this loud ass bass coming and the Darango pulled in waiting for the gates to open. I remember looking at it and it was so freaking loud and it was shaking the backboard (which is plexi glass btw). It was so freaking awesome. Sure I like to sound good on the inside of my ride but the reason why I am into systems because I like it when people hear me coming.

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Archived