Zach's New Build "ma Audio, Power Acoustik"update-06-14-08

I dont care what anyone says, for the $79 Frys Electronics sells that amp for, its welllll worth it

I have ran thru many of those amps, and when I have a cheap customer, I recommend that amp

Hell, I used that amp in a Battle of the Bass comp and out of 20 people, I was in 6th place for round 1, and took off before round 2 started.

Who knows what I would have been in round 2

Maybe that was 9th place

hmmm, about 3 yrs ago now

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont care what anyone says, for the $79 Frys Electronics sells that amp for, its welllll worth it

I have ran thru many of those amps, and when I have a cheap customer, I recommend that amp

Hell, I used that amp in a Battle of the Bass comp and out of 20 people, I was in 6th place for round 1, and took off before round 2 started.

Who knows what I would have been in round 2

Maybe that was 9th place

hmmm, about 3 yrs ago now

Yeah Yeah nice price I payed well right now I have about 220 bucks in 6x9's, subs, and an amp all together? Am I doing good LOL

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Heys guys I need to get some good 4 guage and I need either two 25 foot spools of it or one 50 foot spool. My buddy at the car audio shop said he can get me two spools of 25 foot for 55 bucks, but i didn't know If I could get it cheaper online.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Guest Nismofreak

Heys guys I need to get some good 4 guage and I need either two 25 foot spools of it or one 50 foot spool. My buddy at the car audio shop said he can get me two spools of 25 foot for 55 bucks, but i didn't know If I could get it cheaper online.

knukonceptz homie....cheap...cheap....cheap

heh i felt cheap and got those same 6 bys froom walmart for 35 bucks, hooked them up to the amp and blew them a week later.... took them back and got a new set on the house curtisy of walmart and put them back in my car and turnd my amp waaaaaay down. they still sound good for 35 bucks

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

I had those same subs...price on those subs are sick! I paid that and I get them wholesale cost! Those subs sound great with whatever amp you hook it up to. I had those subs in a pre-fabbed sucky ported box and they sounded great. I say they sound better than the kicker cvr 12. I powered those with a crunch pzi2250 (similar to the amp you have but older) and actually sold it with that amp. The sound is nice and that amp was rated at 450rms x1 @4ohms. Yours should be the same or better than that so don't fear you'll be happy. I had a 1500.1 hooked up to the ma audio subs and it was a clear difference in power but oh well. That 1000 watt amp you have will supply enough power to shake a lot of things! My cousin actually ended up buying all that stuff and putting it in his grand am. I personally like the ma audio subs but I can't say I'd spend the money on a ma audio amp over the maxxsonics comparable stuff...

I had those same subs...price on those subs are sick! I paid that and I get them wholesale cost! Those subs sound great with whatever amp you hook it up to. I had those subs in a pre-fabbed sucky ported box and they sounded great. I say they sound better than the kicker cvr 12. I powered those with a crunch pzi2250 (similar to the amp you have but older) and actually sold it with that amp. The sound is nice and that amp was rated at 450rms x1 @4ohms. Yours should be the same or better than that so don't fear you'll be happy. I had a 1500.1 hooked up to the ma audio subs and it was a clear difference in power but oh well. That 1000 watt amp you have will supply enough power to shake a lot of things! My cousin actually ended up buying all that stuff and putting it in his grand am. I personally like the ma audio subs but I can't say I'd spend the money on a ma audio amp over the maxxsonics comparable stuff...

Thats nice to hear that, these things are getting a custom ass box don't worry bout that. If that amp isn't what I want for them Ill buy a second one and put one on each sub. I am still looking for wire because Imma be running a kinetics in the trunk. I think imma get it from my friend Ben that works at a shop I can get 50 foot for like 55 dollars unless I can get it cheaper shipped?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

I've seen some nice kicker amp kits 1/0 going for under 100 bucks for the whole kit...I'd do those as they are super flexible and really nice kits...only problem with adding another is you wouldn't get quite as much out of it. If I were you I'd invest next into a mono amp and try selling that 2 channel to a buddy or something...The older crunch stuff gave rms not dynamic so it kind of sucks....figuring the pzi2250 had 450x1 @ 4ohms yours has to do at least that much. Your are dual 4 ohm so the only way to wire a single sub dual 4 to that amp is using the 2 channels. I'd imagine the rms/ channel at 4 ohms x 2 is somewhere near 125 per channel. Thus it would probably only be getting 250 anyways which is the same as what you already are getting. That isn't exact but that would be my guess. If I were you I'd just get a mono amp. Onlinecarstereo has the pzi1500.1 for $155 shipped.

• 4 months later...

Well I have worked on this and just haven't put any pics up cause I wanted to get the stuff mostly done. Theirs still alot todo like getting new wire and installing my hc 600 and doing fiberglass 6x9 pods.

Well here's the box build

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Forgot to take pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Archived