Second Skin Audio

4 mofo 15s will this box be correct?

i have 4 mofo 15s, i would like to pull some decent numbers and keep it an every day driver. the box will be 22.86 cubic ft, 220 in. port area, tuned to 35 hz. all will be double thick 3/4 in mdf, with bolt bracing. subs and port up port. port by back window or up front? will it work correctly with the subs i have? love to hear your input. new to this big of a set up. finalbox2.png

i'm new to the spl world and loving it!!!
4- power acoustik mofo 152s
rd d9

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what i have at the moment. subs up port back looking to try something new. it seems to work in my head but i'm no pro and will be the first to admit it. do you think i would get a clean sound out of it?

rd d9

this may be a dumb question but what is port loading and could that be fixed and still leave the port up. my issue is that with the port back it doesnt allow for enough cubes and still stay under the window

rd d9

its my everyday driver and i would like to see out of my back window. and im trying to stay in a lower class if possible

rd d9

Its actually called port boundry loading. Boundary loading is achieved when the output of a subwoofer is reinforced by a nearby stationary boundary. The net result is increased output from the subwoofer – kind of like the increase in bass response you get when locating the subwoofer in your home theater in a corner.