Second Skin Audio

whats the best budget 18s

Oh my god, dude. The only one getting offended here is YOU. Sit back, read, and realize I'm merely posting information. Why is it that people who blame other people for being defensive are the ones being defensive O_o

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AA 18" Chaos is a nice sub.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

I think my subs are pretty great for the cost. I won't be breaking any records with them but as far as entry level subs they work great.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-475

Don't need much power either... Which can be a consideration for alot of people. (300RMS/450max lol)

3 18" in a sealed wall did 145.8 outlaw and now that it is ported I am sure it is closer to 150 then I have ever been and that is on bullshit power (1500 watts).This is an alternative if you don't have the option of dropping 1k+ on subs and another thou on electrical upgrades and an amp. Just something to consider. :)

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

whats the best budget 18s im planing on running 4

Im selling my fi 18's on here

i seen the Obsidian 18'' they look nice but 110 days is to far away and the 2.5'' coil seem to small

you can't sell unless you have at least 150 post count

Edit: I told you too late lol

Edited by Crandis16

I think my subs are pretty great for the cost. I won't be breaking any records with them but as far as entry level subs they work great.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-475

Don't need much power either... Which can be a consideration for alot of people. (300RMS/450max lol)

3 18" in a sealed wall did 145.8 outlaw and now that it is ported I am sure it is closer to 150 then I have ever been and that is on bullshit power (1500 watts).This is an alternative if you don't have the option of dropping 1k+ on subs and another thou on electrical upgrades and an amp. Just something to consider. :)

See, I guess loud is all subjective. We did 148.8 on two 15" BTLs on 1500 watts RMS walled, tuned to 38hz, not sealed off or electrical upgrades...stock 70 amp alternator

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

You've obviously never owned an HDC3

No I haven't, I just read the specs from their website

I know, that's what I meant when I said obviously you have never owned one. Like a couple other brands, it is seriously underrated. Whether to help avoid user error or pack more punch for the dollar, who knows or who cares. But I can tell you, that RMS is 1,000 like the SA is 600.

You just said that the rms is 1000 just like I said in my post earlier. So what are you trying to prove, everyone knows just about every sub (im talking about aq,fi,sundown,dc etc. /non mainstream brands) are underrated.

Hes just informing the OP, you made a point to correct purplesyrup when he said the aq will take 2k. Not very helpful when he's looking for subs if he thinks its only a 1k sub.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

damn those two are going at it... to stay on OP's topic, i went to a show and the aq hdc3 GETS DOWN

and GETS DOWN on LOW AMOUNTS OF POWER

the dude was running maybe 1500rms? (was cheap hifonics amp) and damn...

i was pretty impressed. the flex on the car was pretty bad...

he had a 'professionally' built box, and im sure that has something to do with it... but wow is all i can say.

http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=295-475

See, I guess loud is all subjective. We did 148.8 on two 15" BTLs on 1500 watts RMS walled, tuned to 38hz, not sealed off or electrical upgrades...stock 70 amp alternator

You're right it is subjective. From the point of view of most people just getting into car audio anything over 140+ is pretty loud for a daily setup even if you're not really considered loud until you hit 150. lol You know what I mean? I think mine is still pretty loud and the subs do a hell of a job for what they are. no "butthurts". haha just throwing that out there.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle