Second Skin Audio

Budget system suggestions

I am about to run 3 dbxi 12's and selling my type r 12's. The dbxi get pretty damn loud and move a ton of air. They have a decent motor if you want to recone them. For that price I would snag them. For power look at audiopipe apsm 1300 if they are the dvc version since they are 500rms woofers. The single voice coil subs have a larger 2.5"vc where as the dvc have 2 2"vc.

Then I would just build a new box since these subs like ported boxes but they can work in any design. That pioneer amp wont do much for these subs honestly they seem to be power hungry.

Lol your smoking crack rocks

1 I was on team earthquake I ran the dbxi's and 2phd10000's for 60 bucks they are worth it even for how crappy they are its a crap sub that can take some abuse but does not get loud for spl standers the motor is a single slug 2 inch vc little thing that could never move as much as that extrem high roll surrond they put on it just to make it look beefy I also put 2 7ks on a pair tens to my surprive they took the power just didn't do anything with but make heat and they suck asssssss in a sealed box just fyi they don't sound very well ether

$$For 60 bucks to have noise in my car I would mess with them that's about it

And a dvc sub or single vc sub is still one vc you don't have 2 coils you have 2 leads going to the same vc for more wireing options lol it has 2 2 inch coils that's funny

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey you can figure out the ohms without a dmm

just take them out of the box and check to see if the basket looks like this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?id=38105&picture_id=793697

or if it looks like this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?id=38104&picture_id=793662

notice the number of push terminals is what you are checking for

It looks just like the second picture. Does that mean single 4 ohm vc?

those subs'll work for sure..

like they said.. for cheap.. that hifonics 1200 amp is the one you want.$150+ subs for $60 = $210 is cheap for ANY amount of quality, if you want cheaper than that, just pursue a different interest lol

That isn't a bad price at all. That's pretty decent for a first system.

yeah single 4 ohm :/ that means you have to look for an amp that will make power at 2 ohms instead of 1 ohm so that will be more expensive unfortunately

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

http://www.sonicelec...s-HFi1500D.html this amp could work for ya if you are willing to save to spend that much and get an amp kit and a loc (line out converter) so we can just tap into your factory speakers instead of you needing to buy a new hu too

Edit: most any of these loc's would work http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i331_line-out-converters.html

Edited by Pro7

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

I am about to run 3 dbxi 12's and selling my type r 12's. The dbxi get pretty damn loud and move a ton of air. They have a decent motor if you want to recone them. For that price I would snag them. For power look at audiopipe apsm 1300 if they are the dvc version since they are 500rms woofers. The single voice coil subs have a larger 2.5"vc where as the dvc have 2 2"vc.

Then I would just build a new box since these subs like ported boxes but they can work in any design. That pioneer amp wont do much for these subs honestly they seem to be power hungry.

Lol your smoking crack rocks

1 I was on team earthquake I ran the dbxi's and 2phd10000's for 60 bucks they are worth it even for how crappy they are its a crap sub that can take some abuse but does not get loud for spl standers the motor is a single slug 2 inch vc little thing that could never move as much as that extrem high roll surrond they put on it just to make it look beefy I also put 2 7ks on a pair tens to my surprive they took the power just didn't do anything with but make heat and they suck asssssss in a sealed box just fyi they don't sound very well ether

$$For 60 bucks to have noise in my car I would mess with them that's about it

And a dvc sub or single vc sub is still one vc you don't have 2 coils you have 2 leads going to the same vc for more wireing options lol it has 2 2 inch coils that's funny

My bad i ment a 2" vc on the dvc and 2.5" on the svc i hit the 2 twice. and to me they move more air than my type r's. They are decent subs not hey arent dc or anything but they are solid subs.

2 10s on 1000 watts for $277 all said and done is pretty damn good if ya ask me