Sundown Audio

Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D and Gladiator GLX1000.1D

logspace

I have two Type R 12's wired to 1 ohm 1000W RMS, and I was thinking about getting one of these 2 amps to power the subs. Does anyone have any experience with these amps? Also I have a stock 2005 altima with 110 amp alt. Willl this be enough to push the ampliifier if I do the BIg 3?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man I had the Brz 1200 and honestly wouldn't recommend it. If your budget is around 150 then yes but if you want your subs to sound really good and clean I would suggest http://www.audioque.com/AQ1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html

Its a really nice priced amp and it makes more power than rated, Hifonics always are very close to rated. Also the Hifonics are very power hungry (not too efficient ) so something like the Audioque would be easier on your alternator. There are also other good amps but I've heard first hand the AQ and its awesome, I can't talk others because Ive never heard them.

I was comparing one of the Gladiators to the BRZ1700, couldn't find much info on the GLDs, so i went with the BRZ. Im happy with it so far. Im running my 1700 @ 2 ohms, HC1400 under the hood. Sounds pretty good, digs nice and deep....no experience with gladiators, but if your strapped for cash, BRZ is a great choice. Why 2 amps though? Are your subs both dual 2s?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

get the Hifonics I use the BXI 1200 and it sounds good and it gets low

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

Hey man I had the Brz 1200 and honestly wouldn't recommend it. If your budget is around 150 then yes but if you want your subs to sound really good and clean I would suggest http://www.audioque....ifier_p_30.html

Its a really nice priced amp and it makes more power than rated, Hifonics always are very close to rated. Also the Hifonics are very power hungry (not too efficient ) so something like the Audioque would be easier on your alternator. There are also other good amps but I've heard first hand the AQ and its awesome, I can't talk others because Ive never heard them.

+1 the btz isn't going to be a total distortion free amp at 1200 watts. I dd-1'd it and I bought a skar 1500 in a week

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

But a BRZ is a fraction of the price of the skar....he has a budget, and for the budget, he isnt going to beat the BRZ

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Everyone i talked to at local shows recommended the apsm 1500.1 and i ended up getting it and i havnt had a single problem, red top under hood, with a hc 800 never drops below 12.9 at 1 ohm, at 2 ohm i could play 13.4 all day long. Strong amp for the price. I havnt had any problems with heat issues either running in 100 degree heat.

edit- best part is that its 125 shipped new from vm innovations. but that dont cover it, the package just shows the audiopipes box, thats my only concern.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I forgot about APs when i bought my BRZ....I have been looking at APs for a while now, great for the price!

Archived