Sundown Audio

1500.1 to hot?

i had a kicker kx1200.1 and it got really hot, all kicker amps run hot..

Had a zx1500 and 2500, never got warm.

OP, what voicecoil configurations for the subs and how many?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

its been run with dual 12" L7's wired to 2Ohm (i think it was 2, it was purchased direct from kicker and they wired it for that amp) and a single L7 12 at 4Ohm. also ran 2 15" L7's at 2ohm. both sets of subs ended up blowing, the 12's seized and smoked while the 15's just got a little rattle at low volume. i am installing a 18" fi BL next week upon delivery

Edited by ncc74656

nothing, gutted

Almost sounds like the incorrect voicecoil configuration led to less than optimal nominal ohm loads and the gains were cranked to compensate.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

• 1 month later...

I also have a zx1500.1 powering two 12 inch L7's in a sealed enclosure. I believe the subs are 2 ohm but will be checking with my installer tomorrow. My amplifier gets very warm after just normal use and am wondering if you guys had any suggestions? I asked my installer about the issue and he said that it is "grounded well" but I do not know the specific location. I am nervous to turn it up too loud because of the heating issue but I know these subwoofers and amp should be able to handle high bass output. I have a 2008 honda accord LX. The weather hasn't been terribly warm here as of late and I'm wondering if it may be an electrical system issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Cailen