Second Skin Audio

T-line box for 2 Alpine Type R 12 (SWR-1242D)

I hope you have a big ass vehicle because that box is going to be huge.

Port area would be in the neighborhood of 190 square inches. If you are going to be tuning around 34hz which is probably close to the fs on that sub, you are looking at 100 inches of port length for a quarter wave design.

Like i said, its going to be a huge ass box.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Even one for a single 12 gets pretty big..

roughly 38x25x15 depending on how you lay it out.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

• 5 months later...

whats a good 12 inch sub for around 300 dollars or best match with a bheringer ep1500, it claims 2 by 700 watts at 2ohms. I know there never what there rated but i have it plugged into a kilowatt meter i know it doesnt read rms but it averages 300-650 per channel. my last and first t-line was great, i was so happy to finally make a box that out performed all the ones ive done .i would get another diamond audio but i was told the company was bought out years back and my model was from 2000.

this is for my home entertainment system i love listenin to rap/hip hop and movies

the box i have now was for the diamond and i blew a voice coil and im pretty sure it was from pushin it to hard, ive built various sealed and ported and sonotubes but ive found my favorite in the quarter wave. the box has a port area from 82sd (13"by6-5/16") by 9' 4-15/16 (30Hz) wether that will work for the next one i dont care i love buildin them, just not gonna use it for my other diamond incase it blew due to the box itself, i only say that cause im not sure being that these two speakers have lasted me over 10 years and the one i have in a ported enclosure hasnt showed any signs of damage.

all and any help is much appreciated

not to rain on your parade but i don't think a t-line if the best box for a type r. you gotta keep in mind that you need to watch for the subs other properties to see if its a good fit for a t-line. the Qts is 0.42 and the Qms is 8.25 which is higher then you want for a good t-line sub. and that's gonna make the drop off on the response curve not that great at all.

kind of wish they were a good fit for a t-line cause then i'd make one for my friends type r 12 :P

whats a good 12 inch sub for around 300 dollars or best match with a bheringer ep1500, it claims 2 by 700 watts at 2ohms. I know there never what there rated but i have it plugged into a kilowatt meter i know it doesnt read rms but it averages 300-650 per channel. my last and first t-line was great, i was so happy to finally make a box that out performed all the ones ive done .i would get another diamond audio but i was told the company was bought out years back and my model was from 2000.

this is for my home entertainment system i love listenin to rap/hip hop and movies

the box i have now was for the diamond and i blew a voice coil and im pretty sure it was from pushin it to hard, ive built various sealed and ported and sonotubes but ive found my favorite in the quarter wave. the box has a port area from 82sd (13"by6-5/16") by 9' 4-15/16 (30Hz) wether that will work for the next one i dont care i love buildin them, just not gonna use it for my other diamond incase it blew due to the box itself, i only say that cause im not sure being that these two speakers have lasted me over 10 years and the one i have in a ported enclosure hasnt showed any signs of damage.

all and any help is much appreciated

make a new thread?

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!