Sundown Audio

Test: Sundown 1500d Vs Rf T1k Part 2

Derrick824

it wont matter, because everyone who runs or works for RF will come up with another reason to discredit his testing. They are both nice amps , i just dont understand why each time theres a test against anything RF that everyone gets there panties in a bunch.

Theres always something better, theres better then RF and theres better then Sundown, its mainly what you can afford, and what YOU feel works for you.

i just wanna see 1500 compared to 1500 to make it fair.

and i'm not saying RF is any better than Sundown.but your comparing an amp that is suposed to do

a 1000 watts to an amp that is suposed to do 1500 and can reach lower ohm loads.compare the TK3

to the Sundown 3000D,they would be even better compared.

smd2.gif

2002 nissan frontier crewcab

eclipse cd2000

mb quart prem's fr&rear

rf p4004

the first test measured efficiency, that 1k RMS amp as you guys put it should have walked all over the Sundown, the 1500 i doubt will be more effiecient then the 1k model.

As for the 3ks against each other

The RF may put 100-200 more at 1ohm but again isnt going to like the lower ohm loads, but its expected RF doesnt make the amps to run at crazy low impedances. And quite honestly the NORMAL user has no use for the under 1ohm power that the sundown will put out.

Price wise, I got my t4000.1 for less then a 3000d cost from sundown but finding those kinda deals on RF merchandise is few and far between, and obviously not authorized.

i just wanna see 1500 compared to 1500 to make it fair.

and i'm not saying RF is any better than Sundown.but your comparing an amp that is suposed to do

a 1000 watts to an amp that is suposed to do 1500 and can reach lower ohm loads.compare the TK3

to the Sundown 3000D,they would be even better compared.

Not fair? That "rated" 1000watts doesn't mean a thing in the real world. Its actual power ouptut that counts. Rockford itself published claims of an average actual power output of 1486watts from the T10001bd.

Posted Image

Compared to the actual tested output of a Sundown 1500d (with stock electrical) of 1510watts there isn't much difference. T10001bd has a max rated current draw of 150a compared to the 1500d at 160a. Again not much difference. My actual tests showed identical actual current draw from both amps in our install. This test is very fair seeing as how these two amps have near identical current draw and actual power ouput.

I would also like to see a test between the T1500-1bd and a Sundown 1500d as well as a T30001bd against a Sundown 3000d.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Not fair? That "rated" 1000watts doesn't mean a thing in the real world. Its actual power ouptut that counts. Rockford itself published claims of an average actual power output of 1486watts from the T10001bd.

Posted Image

Compared to the actual tested output of a Sundown 1500d (with stock electrical) of 1510watts there isn't much difference. T10001bd has a max rated current draw of 150a compared to the 1500d at 160a. Again not much difference. My actual tests showed identical actual current draw from both amps in our install. This test is very fair seeing as how these two amps have near identical current draw and actual power ouput.

I would also like to see a test between the T1500-1bd and a Sundown 1500d as well as a T30001bd against a Sundown 3000d.

whats the birthsheets say on the amps you tested.post pics please.

smd2.gif

eclipse cd2000

mb quart prem's fr&rear

rf p4004

now correct me if im wrong but if anything wouldn't the sundowns be more starved for power than the rfs being the sundowns are bigger amps running at lower ohms? I do have to agree there are much better brands then both amps. Testing could be done exactly to your expectations and you'll still have a component because you prefer rf which is fine each to there own. I saw if he does do testing with both 1500's and you still have a problem when then cry lol because rf isn't the most godly thing out there get use to it... idc if you don't like my response... good test bro... be looking forward to future testing!

now correct me if im wrong but if anything wouldn't the sundowns be more starved for power than the rfs being the sundowns are bigger amps running at lower ohms? I do have to agree there are much better brands then both amps. Testing could be done exactly to your expectations and you'll still have a component because you prefer rf which is fine each to there own. I saw if he does do testing with both 1500's and you still have a problem when then cry lol because rf isn't the most godly thing out there get use to it... idc if you don't like my response... good test bro... be looking forward to future testing!

i like your post...and i know RF isn't the most godly amp as you call it...and i really don't care if you

like my responses either.you and everyone else are entitled your own opinions.

smd2.gif

eclipse cd2000

mb quart prem's fr&rear

rf p4004

it wont matter, because everyone who runs or works for RF will come up with another reason to discredit his testing. They are both nice amps , i just dont understand why each time theres a test against anything RF that everyone gets there panties in a bunch.

Theres always something better, theres better then RF and theres better then Sundown, its mainly what you can afford, and what YOU feel works for you.

no one is getting their panties in a bunch. He is still testing a 1500 watt amp vs a 1000 watt amp. Its a cool test and i like that you took the time to do it but you still need 2 of the same rated amps. I mean come on now, i would almost ALWAYS expect a 1500 watt rated amp to beat a 1000 watt rated amp. (unless its like a Boss amp in the mix :D )

why dont you test a T2000.1bd vs a sundown 1000 and then post the results?

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

as stated in the post, the RF amp was a smaller amp and STILL ate up more power then a higher rated amp in the first test.

As stated though any test thats put on THIS forum no matter what the results or conditions there will ALWAYS be someone to discredit it just like there was with the other product so highly regarded here.

I mean i wish he did have the same "rated" amps from both companies, as stated before at the 1ohm load the RF may have 100-200 more watts, which is honestly at those high of wattages (2k and 3k) near impossible to hear a difference in, but id pretty much guarantee the RF is going to be more power hungry.

Also i agree we're talking about actual power output not what the company puts on the amp. Just because they paste a 1000rms on it doesnt make it a 1k rms amp, its priced about the same as the Sundown, it outputs about the same as the sundown, i really dont see what the big thing is about it being such a big difference in comparison.

Archived