Mechman Alternators

GET RID OF THE BATTERY LIGHT

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disconnect all the factory alternator connectors from the supplied adapter . Check for power with a 12volt test light on the Red, and White wires. White gets power from the 7.5 amp ALT-S fuse in the engine compartment, red gets power from the 7.5 amp ECU-IG fuse under the dash. If this test out good the alternator is grounding out the Pink wire or the pink wire has a short to ground. You can disconnect the alternator connector and the light should go out! If not you have a short to ground on the pink wire somewhere. Good luck.

Disconnect all the factory alternator connectors from the supplied adapter . Check for power with a 12volt test light on the Red, and White wires. White gets power from the 7.5 amp ALT-S fuse in the engine compartment, red gets power from the 7.5 amp ECU-IG fuse under the dash. If this test out good the alternator is grounding out the Pink wire or the pink wire has a short to ground. You can disconnect the alternator connector and the light should go out! If not you have a short to ground on the pink wire somewhere. Good luck.

Did that all with no success. Double checked all connections even switched the position of the yellow wire that controls the regulator. Nothing work, and unfortunately mechman didn't pick up my call today. I'll try to reach mechman tomorrow and reset my ecu tonight

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Sorry for not answering. We experienced violent storms in Knoxville on Thursday, and did not have any power or phone system, so we could not open up on Friday. It sounds like you have troubleshooted everything correctly, there is a chance that the regulator or adapter harness is faulty, but I kind of doubt it, as we tested that unit through a Scion/Toyota harness on the dyno before we sent it.

Maybe we could upgrade you to one of our new 320 amp 6 phase units on exchange? We are having a sale on the new Scion units, maybe we can upgrade you while troubleshooting it for a reduced cost. Or we can just test / repair your 2010 model unit, it's up to you.

Sorry for not answering. We experienced violent storms in Knoxville on Thursday, and did not have any power or phone system, so we could not open up on Friday. It sounds like you have troubleshooted everything correctly, there is a chance that the regulator or adapter harness is faulty, but I kind of doubt it, as we tested that unit through a Scion/Toyota harness on the dyno before we sent it.

Maybe we could upgrade you to one of our new 320 amp 6 phase units on exchange? We are having a sale on the new Scion units, maybe we can upgrade you while troubleshooting it for a reduced cost. Or we can just test / repair your 2010 model unit, it's up to you.

Sounds good matt! Send me an email to hunterjohnson.list @ gmail dot com, or PM me on here hope to talk soon

Scion tC SQ Build

• 2 weeks later...

Check out my signature the builds there,

Thanks for the complement, been through alot of hard work getting this right. I'm waiting for the new 320amp from mechman!

Also vote for me for SOTM!

Scion tC SQ Build