MA 8 or VVX 8?

sounds good to me and after all it will only be an 8 it may be shocking....

Ha ha.

I'm only running a single DD1512 D4 right now and as much as I love bass I'll never be a ground pounder. However, I like to experiment but I've never had the oppurtunity to truly play around with car audio beyond basic installations. Who know's what will come of this foray.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Well the vvx 8 has a xmax of 13mm and weighs about 17 lbs and the ma 8 has a xmax of 12.5 mm and weighs about the same I'm not sure. But the vvx 8 does appear to have a bigger magnet I have the vvx 8 ported at 38hz it sounds great. I am a sound enthusiasts and am currently waiting for the ma 8 to show. But all in all the both have 2" voice coils witch limits them with there massive magnets.

They are the same price... the vvx has a triple stack magnet and a much lower FS. The MA has a double stack and a pretty high FS. 

If mounting depth isn't a concern, I would probably go with the vvx 

I have run the VD 8 in a stock jeep box sealed on a pbr300, I was very impressed with it for being so cheap and in a crappy plastic box.

Edited by YukonXL04

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Damn guys, this thread is 5 years old. I think he's probably decided on one by now

• Haha (+1 Rep) 1

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

3 hours ago, Jhunt94 said:

Damn guys, this thread is 5 years old. I think he's probably decided on one by now

Lol damn. I'm usually pretty good about that. I just saw the post before mine wasn't long ago. Ah well

• Haha (+1 Rep) 1

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed