Mechman Alternators

Feedback/Suggestions for a great Company!

1st Off. The CS is bar to none, You guys def. set the standard for an online company I want to purchase from again in the future. 110% satisfied with the CS AND product. Not much more I can say honestly....

Suggestions: The AVBM module I recieved: The connections / heat shrink on the alt harness itself , where it attachs to the alt plug-in were very stiff and made tucking the extra wires take abit more time then expected. No biggie though.

The Lowest I could get the AVBM @ warm idle AND loaded idle per the instructions was 14.5-14.8 (Fluxuating). I must have turned the screw atleast 30 times counter clockwise, and that was the lowest it would go...

Add a picture to the instructions..., I had to multi meter my factory harness to find the right pin to plug in my signal wire. The wire colors per what instructions you guys gave me didnt match, however, I worked around it. (instructions said green wire plug in, I had yellow on the harness and green / white 2 pin plug in. The yellow wire on the harness only charged when pluged into the white pin)

The wire that ties intot he factory plug were much to long, however, a really non-issue for my appliction.

Other then that. I am 110% satisfied with my purchase with you guys, and I am now charging with a PCM controlled JGC with NO battery light @ 14.5. Excatly what I wanted to buy.

Thanks!

Andrew

Edited by volvowith18psi

Glad you are happy!

The color codes should definitely match in our instructions, we will look into your application and make sure that the correct instructions were sent with your unit.

Regarding the AVBM heat shrink- We purposefully make the connections very stiff to prevent the wire pins from pulling our of the connector. Also, the wires are left extra long to prevent unnecessary stress on the wires at the plugs , for the same reason. The AVBM is not really designed to be "tucked" it is meant to be up and out in the open. This is to allow accessibility to the potentiometer, and also to reduce stress on the wires. Most of our customers are much more concerned with durability and accessibility than a "show car" under hood appearance, so that's why we opt to leave the AVBM with plenty of length.