Hey guys,

I just bought a car as a toy (1998 acura rl) and its got some moderate damage.. Needs a hood and a fender.. Ive found a good used hood and fender, in a diff color than the car. So I went to maaco to see about getting the parts installed, and the whole car painted. They recommended (due to the age, miles, and what I wanted out of the car) I get the 2 big creases fixed, but not to worry about the door dings basically. My basic question is this- will the new paint job "hide" or draw attention away from the remaining dings, or will they just stand out more? Im not trying to win shows here, but I want the car to look presentable. Thanks for any help

best answer I can give is, depends completely on the color your going with and how deep those dings are. If your going with a very common color (silver) its probably the best color to hide scratches and dings. but darker colors black, dark blue, etc. is gonna be pretty obvious. Also, no matter what, a ding is gonna be easier to see with brand new paint...there's really no hiding it. But I would have them take those dings out too while your there.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

The best advice i can give you bro is find a different body/paint shop... I have had a few of my friends deal with maaco and their work SUCKS.... Not flaming you I just dont want to see someone else get screwed

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

You can have Maaco do a shity job or a nice job just remember go get what you pay for. If you are going with the cheaper paint job make sure you do all the prep work yourself. Meaning, taking anything off the car you dont want sprayed over. Headlights, emblems, plastics, etc. Scuff the whole painted surfaces with a grey scotch bright pad until it is all a dull look. Clean any tar, bugs off the painted surface. And as far as the dings go, it wouldn't be that hard to take care of them in your prep work. Take care of them now be sued you will regret not doing it later down the road.

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

Do it like Twistedchild 420 with his Hunday and roll it with bedliner.

No thanks. I did that on my jimmy, and it was ok for that vehicle, but I actually like the acura :)

Thanks for all the resposes. The vehicle is black, so it will stand out bad im afraid.. Its got LOTS of door dings :(

I would DEFF take care of those. If you're going to spend the monies on new paint anyway, you may as well make sure it's prepped well and everything is perfect underneath!

Good luck!

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback