bagging a chevy c1500 silverado

has anyone here bagged one before? im trying to bag mine but dont know of a good kit. i see ridetech has a kit but to me it moves very slow and i want it bit faster. i found this kit on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/180899339306?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1180 but dont know if it will be good or if it comes with every bracket specific for my truck. any of you have any idea? also to save money i might go with the airoverleaf kit ridetech has but how can i make it go up and down faster anyways any help will be appreciated

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To make it go faster, you need bigger valves and higher psi. I didn't look at the kit you linked yet but depending on what you want to do with the truck (lay frame, lay body, or just rest on bump stops) will determine what you need as far as brackets. If you do want to lay frame you will need to have a step notch welded in the frame for enough clearance for the rear axle. And I think you need to notch the frame up front for the tie rods to clear. Just do a lot of research once you decide what your goals are.

To make it go faster, you need bigger valves and higher psi. I didn't look at the kit you linked yet but depending on what you want to do with the truck (lay frame, lay body, or just rest on bump stops) will determine what you need as far as brackets. If you do want to lay frame you will need to have a step notch welded in the frame for enough clearance for the rear axle. And I think you need to notch the frame up front for the tie rods to clear. Just do a lot of research once you decide what your goals are.

my frame is already c notch since it was lowered before but i want it to be able to adjust my ride and plus it looks cool

edit. so i can make the air ride kit go faster just by changing the the lines and valves? that will be cool cause i know thay are bolt ons and no fabbing to be made

You definitely will need to Super C-notch the rear, C-notch the front of the frame horns to clear the tie-rods as previously stated. You'll also need to channel out the bed, if you don't wanna go extreme, a small section only can be cut for the rear differential to peak through it. Front brackets are easy and pretty much bolt on. The rear is trickier though, I'd have someone custom fab a 4-link four you, so it's right. It's not terribly hard to do that bodystyle though, to lay frame even. Air components are all up to you, depending on budget and what you want as far as speed. They make big bellow bags with HUGE air dumps on them to release quickly and the ability to fill quickly will depend on your tank capacity for what you choose and speed of the on board pump(pumps). My best friend had his 97 Regular cab laying frame on 20s and it was mean. Also one of the best riding trucks I ever sat in, was like riding on a cloud.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Ok well, that truck looks like it is body dropped. And another thing I forgot to mention is the later the wheels the more notching, relocating, and cutting your gonna have to do.

May I ask why you don't want to lay frame? I just looke at that kit and it has 3/8" valves which is kinda small IMO. I used 5/8 and I was pretty quick when I had my ranger. I was a lot faster than that truck in the video.

i would not go with that kit imo be best to talk to a shop and get a kit from them since they do it more just tell em what you want to do and they can hook you up.

metal worx in NC you can call them real good people to talk to and they can build a kit like that one but better for a good price as well.

for up front you can notch it for the tie rods or you can get custom ones few places sell em so you dont have to.

http://www.facebook.com/MetalWorxInc

thats there facebook page has the number and all on it so give em a ring.

RlYlm.png

Big Wheels Are Like G-Strings...Anyone can put them on but it don't mean they look good.....

Ok well, that truck looks like it is body dropped. And another thing I forgot to mention is the later the wheels the more notching, relocating, and cutting your gonna have to do.

May I ask why you don't want to lay frame? I just looke at that kit and it has 3/8" valves which is kinda small IMO. I used 5/8 and I was pretty quick when I had my ranger. I was a lot faster than that truck in the video.

my rims are 22 but might jump to 24, i really dont care to lay frame since its to much work plus dont want to cut up my bed due to a blow through box for bass

my rims are 22 but might jump to 24, i really dont care to lay frame since its to much work plus dont want to cut up my bed due to a blow through box for bass

My friend's truck ONLY had a small maybe 3"X12" section cut out from the bed for the pumpkin to poke through, and that was IT. It was a super clean look and didnt hack the bed to get the results.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Ahhh gotcha, well IMO that kit you linked is kinda pricey. As stated above, talk to a shop and see what you need so you aren't wasting money doing it over and over again. And a good reputable shop will make sure the work is done right as well.

Archived