the subs more likley to poof on under powering than over powering, why dont you run 3 of these vvx and run it on 1.5ohm then run 4 when you upgrade your amp, you can still buy the 4

I don't think Under powering is going to harm anything as long as it's a clean signal. If under powering was harmful then running my subs at half volume would burn them up. It's when people run an underpowered amp and use the gain knob to compensate and start clipping that you have problems. 400 to each with 4 is going to be pretty much the same as two with twice the power. Since double cone area OR double power equals twice the output in theory. I

this otherwise my quantum audio would have poofed 2 years ago and right now my 1500 i am taking it easy cause i don't have the electrical to back it up

edit had a mystical letter not show up ?

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

the subs more likley to poof on under powering than over powering, why dont you run 3 of these vvx and run it on 1.5ohm then run 4 when you upgrade your amp, you can still buy the 4

lol. Misinformation...Glad you corrected yourself.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Yup, I will correct myself if I'm wrong, below is what i found when i researched it

"Some people claim that too little power can blow speakers. This is absolutely WRONG.

Too little power will only cause the maximum output level to be low

If driving a speaker with low power would cause them to fail, speakers would fail every time you lower the volume on the head unit."

your options are a .5ohm load or a 2ohm load

not for 4 dual 2 subs, it isn't.

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

your options are a .5ohm load or a 2ohm load

not for 4 dual 2 subs, it isn't.

my bad, forgot about this one

4-DVC-2-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg

Edit: I had just woken up when I posted that stupid comment hahaha, gotta give myself more time to wake up until getting on here :P

Edited by Crandis16