Guest Brett32324

simple to install...mount the brain, hook up around 5 wires, mount the siren....done! they come with EASY instructions. hell shipping cant be more that $10. if u give me your zip ill find out mon.

zip - 49203

• 2 weeks later...

i dont mind spending 500 bucks for my alarm, its potection of some sort for my investment and i rather spend the 500 now or more and have a little better piece of mind that i wont wake up tomorrow with the whole car gone

Guest MegaloManiac

i dont mind spending 500 bucks for my alarm, its potection of some sort for my investment and i rather spend the 500 now or more and have a little better piece of mind that i wont wake up tomorrow with the whole car gone

x2

its more of an investment rather than a purchase

Guest MegaloManiac

Hell yeah. I think when people buy cheap alarms they're just waisting their money. :-

Everybody at the shops would agree.

i remember 1 good best buy motto they had at 1 best buy.(they were actually hatin on other BB in town.lol)

he said, "We Install Security systems, while they install Alarm systems"

i said it earlier i believe, but its worth it to say it again

Guest MegaloManiac

it was a true statement though, they put the extra effort on hiding wires for the siren, and the flush mounted it behind a peice of abs plastic so it would be hard to find it and snip it.

wuts the differance between a cheap alarm system and a top of the line security system. dont they all  just beep wen sum fool trys to jack ur shit. n if u dont hear it then ur screwed basically right. they can bust ur shit out n take it n run. please explain to me. lol

a top of the line security system is more reliable, it wont go off at random times for no reason, its relatively louder, over all Quailty= price

And the installation makes all the difference.  I do a lot of restoration/ repair for insurance companies at the dealership that I work at.  Nine times out of ten:

-the drivers window was busted out (ususally porcelin is the weapon of choice)

-the hood was popped

-the battery cable was cut or the siren was disabled

-the system was removed (steps 1-3 can take under 7 seconds)

in a few cases:

-the sunroof was busted out, the thief went through the roof, went under the drivers side dash and cut the power supply to the brain

-the fender was cut through, the hood release cable was accessed, hood popped, battery cable cut

To beat them, you must think like them.  All of the things that I had repaired were taken into consideration when installing my alarm.  That being said:

-the hood cable was rerouted to the inside of the engine compartment and relocated to the glove box which locks.  The stock lever is still in its place and when pulled sets off the alarm but does not do anything.

-same for the trunk release, rerouted to a secret location

-the brain is not where it is usually installed, dash removal is necessary to access

-the brain is protected with backup batteries

-all of the sirens are fused (2 six tone, 4 piezo)

-all of the wiring is routed through the factory harnesses

-the starter interupt isnt tied to the starter, its tied to the fuel pump relay

-no wires can be seen

If they want the stereo theyll have to take the car.  Young punks dont know how to steal cars, well most of them anyway

Guest MegaloManiac

thanks for the great info, this motivates me to install my peizo that i never installed...but its too cold outside :( so i'll save it for a sunny day...im goin to regret saying that one day