Sonic Electronix

System for Crew Cab truck. Advice Needed

I am looking to put a system under the back seat in my silverado crew cab. I have an AQ1200d left over from one of my previous systems that I want to use to power the sub(s) I am going to get. I used to have a 15" HDC3 in a big box tuned to 37 hz or something like that. It was plenty loud for me in my Tahoe. Now I am looking for something with a little more SQ. I think a sealed box is my only option because of the space restrictions, which is fine by me. Basically I was just hoping y'all could give me some options. Could I get a 10" Fi Q to fit? It has a mounting depth of 6.5" I think I could squeak out a box that is 7" tall or so. Would that work?

Also, what differences will I see moving from ported to sealed? I know I will lose SPL and gain SQ but how much volume will I lose? Will a sealed set up play as deep/deeper than a ported set up? I don't want to spend a fortune, $350 or $400 on the driver depending on if I get one or two. Thanks guys.

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

the crew cab has brakets under the seat right? and the best shallow subwoofer right now is the sundown audio sd-10's and 12's imo

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

idk about a FI Q it would be really close i had a Cvx under my seat in a silverado extended cab and my box was 8 in the front a 7 1/2 in the back and and it barely fit and if im correct the extended cab has more space height wise

Edited by Srh_rider12

I don't want to have to raise the seats to make this work. I'd rather just get a sub that'd fit. The AA Chaos 10" has a mounting depth of 6". I know that I could make something like that work. Subthump's prefabed boxes have a depth of 6.5" so I could build my own with similar dimensions or just get one of theirs.

I am sort of sidding towards just one sub to handle the full power from the AQ1200 instead of splitting it between two subs just because I'd only have to buy one driver instead of two. Is the only thing I will lose by putting all the power on one sub versus splitting it on two be volume? Also would someone please answer the above question about ported vs. sealed?

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

If u are switching down to a 10, then no, it won't get as low or deep. From my experience, sealed boxes have never gotten as low as my ported boxes, but they sounded a whole hell of a lot cleaner. That couls also be because my boxes have all been tuned to 33 hz, but it also just depends on the sub in which u are running

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Actually I was just looking on Sundown's site. The SA 10 only has a depth of 6". I actually could make this work I guess. Does the mounting depth of a sub measured from the very top of the box? Or is it from inside the box. Basically what I am asking is if I made my box out of .75" wood, assuming I left 1/4" from the bottom of the magnet to the bottom of the box, would my box have to be 7" thick or 7 & 3/4"?

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

Depends if u counter sink the sub our not, also depends on the manufacturer, I'm not sure about those guys, never owned or installed any

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Actually I was just looking on Sundown's site. The SA 10 only has a depth of 6". I actually could make this work I guess. Does the mounting depth of a sub measured from the very top of the box? Or is it from inside the box. Basically what I am asking is if I made my box out of .75" wood, assuming I left 1/4" from the bottom of the magnet to the bottom of the box, would my box have to be 7" thick or 7 & 3/4"?

Personally wouldn't want a pole vent that close to the box. Mounting depth is from the back side of the basket to the bottom of the magnet, so you also have to account for the inch or so mounting ring, rubber gasket, and the surround. Hope this helps

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.