Sonic Electronix

Amateur Bass Head in Need of a Rebuild.

Okay, well I have had my systems and what not, nothing special. But I think it is time for a rebuild a... big rebuild. I came here to ask you guys how you do it when you get ready for a rebuild. What do you get first the amp or the subs? What kind of goals do try to reach with your rebuild? I have a 1998 Ford Contour and I am ready to wall it off for some serious bass. So if you guys can point in a good direction to get a SLAMMING system I would be greatly appreciated. There is no limit really on price but reasonable because I will wait for great products. I would also like my wall to be either a 4th or a Clamshell. I want to add an extra "wow" factor. Also, my goals with this is to go to competitions and people just come to get a demo and to do a 150 on music easily. Thanks.

2000 is a little low for a wall build. i mean your looking at a good 600-800 in electrical upgrades and then you will need a battery bank to fit the bill of how much power you will run.

2000 is a great start though, build a strong box for 2 15 or 2 18s, pick up 2 cheaper subs and an amp to match. a ho alt battery under the hood and a secondary battery in the trunk. watch the forsale thread for good deals. figure out where you want to be at in the end, what subs how much power and what score. then set a plan. i would start with first building a stong enough wall enclosure so htat you only have to do it once. buy used subs and amp(s). upgraded battery under the hood and an ho alt if you can but atleast the big 3. then if you dont get the ho alt i would do that first, after the ho alt work on a bigger battery bank to fit the final goal. then get the amp(s) then subs. you should atleast try to sound deaden where the wall will be so that you can atleast have it done before the wall is in or else you just might not ever do it with out tearing the wall apart.

in no way am i saying it cant be done with a $2000 budget but it wont be easy. im sure most people on here running walls have spent a good 5-6k on them plus there front sound stage.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

$1500-$2000 is way too low. I had that in my last system with just 2 subs an amp and my HU. That doesn't include the other amp, mids/highs, or all the wire and sound deadening. How much building have you done? A wall is really gonna be a project and requires a good plan before going through with it. Plan your electrical and wiring and what the car is capable of first. 150 isn't a bad goal, but it's not gonna come cheap or easy. After electrical is figured out, start getting it lined our for what size box you can squeeze as this will be a huge limiting factor in a compact car. Equipment should be one of the last things you think about. The plan is more important than the components used in the plan. The box build is THE most important factor.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i was think about doing the big three with this next paycheck. i don't really know how much power i want to run and from what you guys are saying looks like i should save more. but i defiantly had planed to do my electrical first. i was think like one 3500. i was thinking crescendo 3500 and maybe upgrading to a 5500.

150 db = a lot of time, effort, and money. you need a lot of wood for a wall to do multiple baffles. You need to do electrical too like HO alt, big 3, 1/0 gauge runs to back. A battery bank... the list goes on and on. you MIGHT be able to spend $1500-$2000 on just electrical but that's definitely a stretch.

what is your current setup. I would do one at a time to be honest, starting with electrical.