Mechman Alternators

Mechman 270A low idle voltage/slippage

I can help you find the ratios, but you need to post the info I asked above ;)

Mechman said it was a 3:1 ratio

At no point did I say that you have a 3:1 ratio. A couple posts ago, you said that you had put the OEM pulley on our alternator, which would DEFINITELY cuase low voltage at idle. Bumping this thread without the info we need is not going to get you any help with your problem. Please go out to your car with a measuring tape, and measure the diamter of the pulley on your crankshaft, and the diamter of your alternator pulley so that we can solve your issue. Like the other guy said, untill we have concrete numbers, we cannot figure out your problem.

Matt

I was going off f some phone conversations we had on the phone. And it is in fact a 3:1. 6 in crank, 2 in pulley (which was the oem size) But my engine begins to redline at 6000 RPM. any suggestions from this?

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

Is it possible to put a 1.75 pulley on the alternator? This will only bring the max rotation to about 20.5k

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

i dont see why you would have the stock pulley on there. companies that make h/0 alts would put a slightly smaller pulley on there for no reason.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I was going off f some phone conversations we had on the phone. And it is in fact a 3:1. 6 in crank, 2 in pulley (which was the oem size) But my engine begins to redline at 6000 RPM. any suggestions from this?

Your alternator comes with a 1.75" already on it. That alternator is OK to spin to 20,000 RPM's for short periods of time. I doubt you will be keeping it at redline very long, so it should be fine. Swap back to a 1.75" pulley and you will have better voltage at idle.

As far as the slippage is concerned, have you verified with a straight edge that the pulley is in proper alignment with the other pulleys? If you put a stock pulley on the alternator, it might have thrown off the pulley alignment. You can lay a straight edge accross the face of the pulley, and point it to the neigboring pulleys to be sure that it is not too far in, or too far out. Any difference in alignment will dramatically increase belt slip. Your vehicle has a weak belt routing from the factory, and is prone to belt slip. You will need everything to be perfect in order to maximize your belt grip.

Have you replaced your belt tensioner? Where is the adjuster arm in it's range of travel?

Sorry for the misinterpretation, it was whatever it was shipped with I must have measured wrong with the pulley walls. The belt tensioner is newly replaced and What do you mean the range?

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Sorry for the misinterpretation, it was whatever it was shipped with I must have measured wrong with the pulley walls. The belt tensioner is newly replaced and What do you mean the range?

I believe the range he is talking about is how much play there is when you loosen the pulley with the tensioner

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

If you mean the belt tightness, there isn't any play. It's on there pretty tight.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

If you mean the belt tightness, there isn't any play. It's on there pretty tight.

he means how loose does it get when you pull on the tensioner. I could be off but that's what it sounds like to me

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

It's a problem in the alternator. He's not saying the belt is slipping..... he's saying at low idle his voltage is dropping causing the car to run crappy. I have the same problem with my Integra. You start out at low 12's on voltage then when you give it gas or start to move you get 14+ volts and a engine boost. I turned up my idle and all to no avail no it just drops to like 5-600 rpm's when it's dialed to 800. From my research on this it could also be the throttle position sensor (TPS) but there's been no mention of lose of Alt voltage with a TPS problem.

NSPL 2001 Trunk 251-500 world champion. 2009 2nd place 0-1800 147.9 under 1800 watts. 2011 0-3601 Trunk Champion. No Typo Current 0-3600 Trunk WR Holder! 149.9 (0-1800) /147.5 (1801-3600) /???.? (3601-up) need new front window first! TEAMHIGHX-CURSIONsig-1.jpg

Learn to be quiet about what your workin on.. L O S E = (L)etting (O)thers (S)ee (E)verything