Exile 2400.1 Guts; also strange buzzing issue

Well, I bought this amp from a guy off the forum. It has been a great amp, besides it will go into protect on fast pace bass music, like rock, from lack of battery power and my car HOGs up insane voltage. It can drop my D3100 to 13v with my radio off. And It runs a little warm.

When it is hooked upto a DMM( like you are tuning it) while turning up the gain with a 40 hz test tone the amp will start buzzing inside once the output voltage hits 49ish. No clue what it is, i'd make a video but the camera would pick up my exhaust over the buzzing.

More importantly I opened my amp today to see if it was dusty inside or anything and found some crazy looking wiring inside that looks like its been repaired, comments ? Or is this just how Exile builds their amps.

HGL_6786.jpg

HGL_6776.jpg

Also the third cap over had a little bit of corrosion on the top of it, or thats what it seemed like. Does it look like the 3rd and 4th are poking out on top?

HGL_6794.jpg

Here is a full board picture.

HGL_6785.jpg

Edited by HarrisonGrayLetchworth

2011 Mazda 3 Sport

-QL-MZD723 Touchscreen

-AQ2200

-(2) Fi SSD 12's

-4.3 cf box sealed to cabin

-1/0 knu power wire

-XS D3100 and 102 AH C&D

-Big 3

A couple of caps look like their bulging on top. If they is, that is most likely the source of your high pitched sound. Get it fixed now before it breaks and save a lot of money.

Look around locally for TV/electronics repair shops and see if they can replace them for you.

A couple of caps look like their bulging on top. If they is, that is most likely the source of your high pitched sound. Get it fixed now before it breaks and save a lot of money.

Look around locally for TV/electronics repair shops and see if they can replace them for you.

Thought they were bulging some. The buzzing seems to be coming from the top left of the amp. But not sure, hope i can get it fixed.

2011 Mazda 3 Sport

-QL-MZD723 Touchscreen

-AQ2200

-(2) Fi SSD 12's

-1/0 knu power wire

-XS D3100 and 102 AH C&D

-Big 3

Thought they were bulging some. The buzzing seems to be coming from the top left of the amp. But not sure, hope i can get it fixed.

If you get the amp repaired locally make sure they know how to recouple the MOSFETs to the heatsink properly. DO NOT go to a computer shop. I'd find someone online who specializes in amp repair if I were you, that baby would be no problem to ship.

I'm gonna hate

Any suggestions or anyone to stay away from? We have a TV repair shop that has been around forever in town that I was going to see what they said.

2011 Mazda 3 Sport

-QL-MZD723 Touchscreen

-AQ2200

-(2) Fi SSD 12's

-1/0 knu power wire

-XS D3100 and 102 AH C&D

-Big 3

See: Capacitor whine. Give them the amp and tell them you need the main capacitor bank "the big ones" replaced with ones of the exact same specification. Advise them to cautiously remove the MOSFETs from the heatsink individually and carefully when disassembling the amp.

EDIT: Anywhere you seek repair get an estimate, show them the amp, tell them what you want done.

Edited by 8ight

I'm gonna hate

look at that cute little amp board.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.