DC Sound Lab

Death to my lvl 4 12"

Over excursion due to a)tuning with a -10 tone and wiring to .5ohm B) playing boosted music after tuning your system with the -10 tone.

That sub also may have a loading issue since it is closer to the port. Did you ever notice it moving more than the other sub?

Solution to this would be 1 extra spider on the recone for that sub and shrinking down your box and port area a bit.

Well the subs where parallel in the box but series on the out side to get a final load of 1ohm. Also I never payed to much attention to see if one was moving more than the other.

It's not clipping.... You had your subsonic filter set wrong. What is your box tuned to?

I would assume there was some kinda clipping. With decaf it should of been tuned no lower than a -5dB tone. O well lol. also the subsonic cut was at 27hz. Too low maybe? I never heard the subs bottom out. Only time was when I forgot to set the subsonic and hit a 23hz note in a song and I instantly turned it down. That was about 5 months ago though.