Am I on the Right Track?

what does adding the over hang piece do for you? i like the piece on the floor in front of the box with the rest flat.

The box is pushed all the way back, the collar is an extension to the seat opening so I can seal off the trunk.

The collar is good shorten port move sub to the pass side is what I would do

Shortening the port for sure, need to raise box tune 3-4 hz. I need to figure a way to effectively cover the existing sub opening, to keep the structure strong.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I'm not an expert and I've never metered.

That being said, I would leave the box all the way back (as it is). Change the angle of the collar so that the top board hits the top of the cut out.

Rather than being a tunnel like it is. That should reduce the 4th order affect, and would bounce the sound better like the flared bell at on the end of a horn.

I hope you get what I'm saying. Not sure it makes sense how I said it though.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

I'm not an expert and I've never metered.

That being said, I would leave the box all the way back (as it is). Change the angle of the collar so that the top board hits the top of the cut out.

Rather than being a tunnel like it is. That should reduce the 4th order affect, and would bounce the sound better like the flared bell at on the end of a horn.

I hope you get what I'm saying. Not sure it makes sense how I said it though.

I get it, thought about it, too. Going to change port length and sub location, test the difference, then try other stuff. Don't want to change too many things at the same time.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Yeah definitely see what you gain with each change. We learn more when we work that way for sure.

EDIT: are you metering regualarly? What are your current numbers?

Edited by TheBetterMethod

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Yeah definitely see what you gain with each change. We learn more when we work that way for sure.

EDIT: are you metering regualarly? What are your current numbers?

At the show yesterday, best was 141.5 at 33hz. But, the amp I used (a loaner SAZ3000d) is all fucked up on the output side. So, there is probably more in it even as is. New amp and a few changes, should do pretty good numbers.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

We screwed around with these a few times..what we found consistently in our testing. That tunnel acts as an extension of the port basically and lowers tuning. One of our cars peaked lower then it was tuned. It seems to gain on the meter pushed as far back as possible. If you want to alter the port to increase tuning, I would aim like 2hz or so higher to combat the tunnel effect. In general, we consistently found this type of sealed trunk to be louder then sealed right at the mouth opening, at least for Meca. DB Drag, Im not as certain, but there are alot of sealed trunk builds for orgs which meter sealed up in which people will do one sub on each side of a massive aero, like 8 or even 10" right in the center of the box, and the end of the aero usually approaches the trunk opening threshold. Thors Gran Prix is a good example of this.

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP