Second Skin Audio

double baffle flush mount question?

OK so I'm in the middle of a box build for a sundown zv.3 15. I have a 1.25" brace front to back and top to bottom. I have a ouble baffle in front that's 1.5"(two 0.75" mdf). My question is if I flush mount it would be about 5/8-3/4". Would that basically void the double baffle or will it be alright? Thanks for any help.

It will still be alright. it is still providing support. and looks cleaner!

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

Ya I know. I wanted to do a flush mount but I didn't know if it would hinder the structure though. Hey was reading your sig this is going into a 2008 charger.

You find many people doing a double baffle and placing a third layer for a flush mount, so there is another option.

I cut through 1x 3/4 and leave the other un touched, and depending on the sub something I don't even go all the way through the first baffle,

As for the baffle it will be only very miner difference to strength of the box

Have you ever tried to bend 3/4mdf thats only 5/8-3/4 wide, bet you can't, that's why small boxes don't need it and large do,

It all pressure/force over surface area