pods, doors, rings, pillars, whatever you wanna do

i was wondering how everybody gets their pods or door panel pods, pillars, etc the exact same on both sides of the car especially when they have an angle to them? somebody asked me and i told them the way i done it and to me it was good until i said it out loud so now i dont know if that will be the quickest/smartest way to do it. lol might sound stupid but i wanna hear what/how everybody else does it. I hope i get some good replys.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Both pieces are made with a router, then i cut 1/4" dowel rod

A bunch of sizes, but 2 of each size

Then lay out 1 side, then take those same sizes and put them on the other side.

Laid out in the O'clock position.

Then eyeball for final

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

ok thats what i was doing but on door panels to me its kinda hard because i feel like the curves of the panel are an optical illusion lol i have done quite a few and tried a couple techniques. i am doing what your saying now but sometimes having to change it because i place the dowel rods in a different place on acc then the measurements dont add up lol

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

Cut the same heights like ray said,

Then to place them in the same spot on each side, find a place that you can measure from.

Measure and place in equal positions on each panel.

Make sense? Lol

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

ya it does make sense lol i was jw how others did it, i watched somebody the other day and i was like wtf are you doing? he was doing it ass backwards as i would say lol so as stated it made me wonder

• 1 month later...

Both pieces are made with a router, then i cut 1/4" dowel rod

A bunch of sizes, but 2 of each size

Then lay out 1 side, then take those same sizes and put them on the other side.

Laid out in the O'clock position.

Then eyeball for final

Pretty much what Ray said.

When I see people do one door all the way to bodyfiller and then start the next door, I wonder how they are sure it will be exact. Unless they don't care.

I do both doors at the same time with ALOT of measuring to make sure everything is symmetrical.

Pain in the ass are Ford truck doors. They differ from side to side.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

I do pretty much the same....but Ill set up everything on the first panel (up to mounting the rings) and then take measurements to mimic it onto the next panel....CA glue is my best friend.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco