Second Skin Audio

15" memphis pr?

Ok so I'm getting a blazer in a week so I'm thinking going getting bigger subs

Anyway the new build I want to do is a small power one and just wanted to see what people think

4 Memphis 15" pr's & 1 zx1000.1

I'm considering doing this so no electrical upgrades will be needed other than a bigger underthehood battery.

Let me know what you think of these subs

Edited by ZachG

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Just make sure you have the correct box built for the subs b/c they do not like being in a pre-built box. plus they don't like to be over powered much b/c they will get warm (very) but other than that, they should work good. I'm running 2 12" pr's in a box that is 2 ft3 for each sub and they sound good. I'm prolly gonna be selling them around the first of the year and upgrading. Oh one other thing....do the Big 3 on the blazer and you might want to think about putting a second battery in the back and use all good high quality wiring.

2001 Toyota Avalon (stock other than system)2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS (Cat-back custom Exhaust w/ Magnaflow muffler, ECU Flash)1966 Chevelle SS (402BBC, Built TH350 w/2500 stall, Flowmaster exhaust, Coy 5 Spoke Rims, Holley Carb, Elderbrock Intake, Comp Cams Valve Train)Current in Avalon:Kenwood DNX5180 HUJBL 6.5" in front doorsJBL 3/4" tweets in dashJBL 3.5" rear doorsJBL 200w 4ch amp

RE Audio SEX 12D4 Subs (12")

Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D

NVX 4 gauge wiring

NVX Deadner

XS Power D925

Big 3 1/0 ga Q Power wire

Custom box by Pro Audio Gulfport, MS

137.5 SB2 USACIhttp://www.stevemead...on-xls-build-up

Just make sure you have the correct box built for the subs b/c they do not like being in a pre-built box. plus they don't like to be over powered much b/c they will get warm (very) but other than that, they should work good. I'm running 2 12" pr's in a box that is 2 ft3 for each sub and they sound good. I'm prolly gonna be selling them around the first of the year and upgrading. Oh one other thing....do the Big 3 on the blazer and you might want to think about putting a second battery in the back and use all good high quality wiring.

On my current setup now I use all knu 1/0

& I don't think you can get a prefab for 4 15s...

Edited by ZachG

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

They can be ok subs. Just follow what southern66ss said and you should be ok. FYI I have a pair of 15" m3 mojos that i might be selling soon.

Thanks but I want a low wattage setup next that's the reason for this, I have 4 cvx 12s and 2 zx1500s that I'm not putting in now cause I don't want to buy a Ho alt and batts. Which I'm selling now

well good luck bro. can't wait to see how it turns out for you. throw up some pics when you get started on it.

2001 Toyota Avalon (stock other than system)2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS (Cat-back custom Exhaust w/ Magnaflow muffler, ECU Flash)1966 Chevelle SS (402BBC, Built TH350 w/2500 stall, Flowmaster exhaust, Coy 5 Spoke Rims, Holley Carb, Elderbrock Intake, Comp Cams Valve Train)Current in Avalon:Kenwood DNX5180 HUJBL 6.5" in front doorsJBL 3/4" tweets in dashJBL 3.5" rear doorsJBL 200w 4ch amp

RE Audio SEX 12D4 Subs (12")

Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D

NVX 4 gauge wiring

NVX Deadner

XS Power D925

Big 3 1/0 ga Q Power wire

Custom box by Pro Audio Gulfport, MS

137.5 SB2 USACIhttp://www.stevemead...on-xls-build-up

& a yellow top under the hood would be enough.

& lots of deadener

i think your on the right track,

just check what you have when you get the truck,

myself i try to stay under 14-1500total for everyday on stock ele.

idd also wait until you get the truck and measure it up, see what your happy to give up, and choice subs based of the volume you have, that will work well on 10-1200rms

then that leave 400rms for speakers

I have 4 10" PR's and love them. They get loud in the right box and don't need much power. I was giving the 4 of them a true 1400 watts (100 over rated) and never had any issues but I would be careful giving them much more than that. When I had them in my Mitsubishi Mighty max they were sealed and down-firing in just under 5^3 and did a 147 sealed on the dash.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

I have 4 10" PR's and love them. They get loud in the right box and don't need much power. I was giving the 4 of them a true 1400 watts (100 over rated) and never had any issues but I would be careful giving them much more than that. When I had them in my Mitsubishi Mighty max they were sealed and down-firing in just under 5^3 and did a 147 sealed on the dash.

If I keep my gtp that I have now I might do 4 10 pr's. Or just 2 15 prs not sure

Do your 10s hit the lows? Building a box wouldnt be a problem