Sonic Electronix

besides no one was telling him to buy an audiocontrol it was a suggestion for him to find a shop with a meter and get tested. not all shops have the same meter and so it was like said a suggestion and a comparison between the termlab and ac-190. the end result is still that if the audiocontrol is set right then it will be close to the termlab. although from what ive been told the ac-190 does have some small changes with different freq.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

^^ i understand what your saying but what would any of those people gain from calibrating and adjusting the adiocontrol to match the termlab? fecupe2001 doesnt sell either the termlab or the audiocontrol so i dont see how he would gain anything. besides that if the audiocontrol is set right it will give an accurate rating and if it set right it will be close to the termlab.

There is nothing to gain... but if you are claiming that the $2100 audiocontrol setup is on par with the $650 termlab, why would you need to have 2 different meters? kind of point less isnt it? Especially when the Termlab is the officical meter for Usaci, Midwest SPL, MECA, Iasca, DB Drag, Emma, NASA, IDBL, Bassrace, and so many more.

And I can guarentee that he had to do some sort of testing or tuning to the Audiocontrol meter to make it read the same as the termlab (however it would not of been recorded in the video, especially if your trying to prove that it is just as accurate as the termlab).

like i said, i don´t own the AC, i own a TL only that was at home at that moment, both sensors were him, i don´t know how to adjust that shitty AC and don´t care how to, the guy never did a comparisson against each sensor since he only uses the AC for SQ, so i asked him to do that and he say let´s do it, why would he set the AC in a way that it could be right on with a TL? audiocontrol isn´t paying me any money for that video, it´s kind of dumb you saying that WE adjusted the audiocontrol before recording that video, i kind of feel offended, you are saying i´m all bullshit or something???

I ain´t gonna fight with anyone that thinks the video is bullshit, specially a mod, i always thought you were a cool guy, but saying in other words that i´m a lier just because i´m saying those are the results we got??? you are funny, anyways, carry on man, if you want to do that test yourself be my guest, maybe you are right and the sensor had a major hit on the shipping and now it´scoring the same number than the TL, but saying I adjusted everything before that video??? that´s bullshit, cheers man...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

^ im completely agree with you fecupe. sure it could have been adjusted or bumped. the video was of there findings and it doesnt say that all ac-190 will be the same.

a simple reply saying hey, the ac-190 wont always be that accurate compared to the termlab because you can adjust the setting on the ac-190 to match the termlab so not every ac-190 will be the same. would have been a good enough reply to let the op know that yes it can be compared to the termlab if set right but not always.

i just dont see the reason to call bullshit. those where his findings and results doesnt mean that they will all be the same.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

the end result is still that if the audiocontrol is set right then it will be close to the termlab. although from what ive been told the ac-190 does have some small changes with different freq.

That end result is using a termlab to calibrate it.. Otherwise I dont see it being too close to a termlab just because how easily the dials on the audio control turn, and if they move the tiniest bit your audiocontrol is reading a completely different score.

There is a reason that they are no longer being used for sanctioned competition events in the world no more, because they are full of flaws, judges being accused of cheating. Sure the meter was out before the Termlab came into existence, but once it was invented many organizations switched for a unbiased meter.

There is an audio shop about 30minutes away from me in another town, a kid claim that his system the shop built him is 151db (they metered it for him to prove this to their customer), with a single 10inch jl audio w0 under the rear seats in a extended cab pickup using a prefab box and like a 300 watt jl amp. He talked so much shit at the comp only for him to do a whole 129db on a termlab at the competition.

But I guess thats just how accurate the audiocontrol meter is right??? It has nothing to do with turning up the mic sensitivity to make the meter read a higher number to fool the customer into having a loud system....

I ain´t gonna fight with anyone that thinks the video is bullshit, specially a mod, i always thought you were a cool guy, but saying in other words that i´m a lier just because i´m saying those are the results we got??? you are funny, anyways, carry on man, if you want to do that test yourself be my guest, maybe you are right and the sensor had a major hit on the shipping and now it´scoring the same number than the TL, but saying I adjusted everything before that video??? that´s bullshit, cheers man...

Im saying that the audiocontrol is not as accurate as a termlab, no matter if its calibrated or not, or it just got calibrated....

If it is to be so accurate as the termlab, how can the AC meter read 0.1db louder at on time, than be 0.6db louder, only than to be reading the exact same as the termlab to be followed up by being 0.5db louder, and than being 0.1db quieter than the termlab...

Your own video shows the proof of how un-consistent the audiocontrol meter is (with the spl 190 sensor, and is even worse with the 170 sensor)...

and even if this meter is 100%calibrated and nothing was done to either meter before the video was taken, it does not apply for all other audiocontrol meters being used at shops, or unsanctioned events.

Its not that hard of a concept..

Oh and PS

Sorry Im not a sucker and believe every video/picture, or statements read or typed on the internet...

I ask questions when Im not sure, or question others when something does not seem right. That is why I know a decent bit, and the only way you will learn.

Otherwise your just going to be like every other joe blow that is a MECP certified bestbuy installer and think your something great, only to log-on to the smd forums and ask how to tune a ported box...... Seriously??? "cough dereleak cough"

Edited by Audiofanaticz

SPL lab is as close as it gets to a termlab. It uses the same exact motorola sensor as the termlab in nearly replica casing. Never have seen it more than a tenth off from termlabs at events while we're doing parking lot testing (have seen it perform from 130 to 156db). I'm only speaking on behalf of the bluetooth and lcd meter screens.

If you just want to test and get louder, get an spl lab, if you want to get serious about competing and get lots of practice in, get a termlab due to its superior programming for different event setups.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

from my understanding the audiocontrol varies based on the freq to so no its not as accurate but still a good meter.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

• 2 weeks later...