Sundown Audio

Two Rockford amps on one bass knob?

I have two Rockford Fosgate T5001BD amps and two subs. I have one amp on each sub. I want to us the remote bass boost knob, but would like one knob to control both amps boost. Is this possible? Can I just use a phone jack splitter and split the wire coming from bass knob into both amps? I cant strap these because they don't have the master/slave feature. Is there some other way to do this? I know Steve's got 8 amps and somehow has them all wired to one knob.

you could get a LC1 and some y splitters?

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

you could get a LC1 and some y splitters?

The remote bass runs off of a RJ-45 cord though on a T-5001BD amp. So that's why I was wondering if a splitter would work. Just split the signal into two, and one for each amp. I just don't wanna damage anything, seems to me like that should work, but I just wondered if anyone has any other ideas.

The remote bass knob that comes with the amp is a bass boost knob. The LC-1 is a remote gain knob.

The included knob may introduce distortion, or even clipping. The knob has what, between a 0-18dB boost at 45hz? I wouldn't personally use that.

LC-1 > RF bass boost

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

a lc1 goes inbetween the rca's homie, it doesnt matter that you have a telephone jack with a knob. And the y splitters are for the rcas too, i have never done the method your talking about but in theory it could possibly work. but you never know if the cord they run on is the same wires ran in the y splitter. So i think it would work as long as the wires in the y splitter are the same as the ones in the knob. so just buy a 2 female in and 1 male out and put it on the back of the knob and plug in the others.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.