The Big 3 - Problem Solved.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

150A fuse will be fine for a stock alternator. Your Silverado also has an inductive ring on the charge lead so I recommend our 2 AWG kit, because you can fit the 2 AWG cable through the ring along side the factory ground wire and the 1/0 AWG will not fit. If you want to use 1/0 AWG, then I need to make a slight tweak to the kit for this vehicle.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have 4 power acoustik mofo 15 on a hifonics brutus elite 2500.1d. i just did the big 3 on my blazer and it hits harder than ever. but... i used to have about 10-15 seconds of play before battery gauge would hit 12 and now it instantly drops to 10 as soon as it hits. any idea what might be causing it to drop so fast now?

i'm new to the spl world and loving it!!!
4- power acoustik mofo 152s
rd d9

thank you that helped quite a bit. what size alt should i run if im planning on putting 2 hifonics bre2500.1d's in? i want to get my electrical done before putting in another amp.

i'm new to the spl world and loving it!!!
4- power acoustik mofo 152s
rd d9

• 2 months later...

I don't know if this is the right topic to post in to ask my question but I thought I'd give it a shot.

The Big 3 upgrade:

1.I grounded my engine block to the frame(4g)

2.Upgraded power wire to alternator(4g)

3.Grounded battery to the frame(4g)

Now my question is do I ground my alternator to the frame too?? I just barely heard about The Big 4

( and fyi the reason I used 4g is bcuz thats what I had to work with and also I only have 1 1800 watt amp, I WILL upgrade to 0g soon)

eddymack028

Archived