Here's the run down so you'll can give me the best opinion.

I drive a 2006 F-150 XLT 4.6 (V8) crew cab. Stock 125 amp alt.

I plan on replacing my battery soon and I'm gonna try and convince the 'rents' to buy a better battery than the ones you buy from Ford. I'm tore between getting a XS Power and Kinetik battery. I have no idea what size I need. So your opinion on what size and brand would be wonderful. This isn't 'vs.' thread just a 'suggestion and opinion thread' since I know you'll hate the 'vs.' threads.

I also am about to rebuild my system which be consisting of an Orion HCCA 12.2 with 2500 watts pushing towards. I added that just in case it might change your suggestion on size.

Sorry for this being long just want the basic run down to get the best opinions.

Thanx!

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

(2) Digital Deisgns 3515's D4

Digital Designs M3B w/ Toolmaker Dual Inputs

Mike Singer Built 340 Amp Alternator

Arc Audio KS 300.4

*mids and highs to come soon*

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just try to put the biggest battery you can fit under the hood, it will help long ways down the road.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Just try to put the biggest battery you can fit under the hood, it will help long ways down the road.

That's what I was thinking, maybe a 3100 or 3400?

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

Arc Audio KS 300.4

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG

If you can fit the D3100 go for it, if not i know the d3400 is slightly smaller in size. Both are excellent batteries.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

If you can fit the D3100 go for it, if not i know the d3400 is slightly smaller in size. Both are excellent batteries.

Is that XS or Kinetik?

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

Arc Audio KS 300.4

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG

Xs power

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

i really like Kinetik. installed a Kinetik HC1800 under my hood and made a night and day difference. starts my car up faster than my stock battery and i can turn the volume up higher (where as the bass would stop getting louder at ~25 on my stock battery). highly suggest Kinetik! and idk which one, i think you might be able to fit a Kinetik HC2000 if you truck has a large battery bay under the hood.

i really like Kinetik. installed a Kinetik HC1800 under my hood and made a night and day difference. starts my car up faster than my stock battery and i can turn the volume up higher (where as the bass would stop getting louder at ~25 on my stock battery). highly suggest Kinetik! and idk which one, i think you might be able to fit a Kinetik HC2000 if you truck has a large battery bay under the hood.

Large battery bay. I was very surprised for the size of it being just an F150. A battery can really make that much of a difference?

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

Arc Audio KS 300.4

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG