Second Skin Audio

Isobaric for a couple of Crossfire 10s

So Cablguy184s input would be very valuable or anyone else familiar with ISO Setups. I've got a couple subs to play around with that would be ideal in an ISO tuned low. They are Blaupunkt PCwb1000s. The Fs of these little babies is 29 Hz so I'm thinking about a push/pull for the 2 if them. Any ideas?!!

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Do you have a link for the drivers specs so I can take a look at them ??

are these 8s, 10s, 12s, or 15s ???

Push / Pull huh ... I really like those setups ... this could be fun !!!

Please keep in mind, these should be build for VERY musical setups ... not going to be much good at all for hair tricks and massive dbs like most spl systems built today ... but for dynamics and tight bass frequency response, this thing might suprise you ...

just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I know I'm not looking to get any crazy numbers out of these things. I've currently got them in a SEALED box behind the seat of my truck and they sound MEH. They respond to lows pretty well, just with no authority. The only reason I have them is because my chick was an office manager at a repo yard and they used to have this crap abandoned ALL the time. These particular subs were in a box made to be downfired in a 2004 Ford SuperCrew. The dimensions(internally) are garbage, like .4 cubes per chamber.

So what I'm looking to do, is put them in a box where they can really shine. The Fs is 29Hz and the QTS is .34. The sensitivity is 88 dB at 1 watt. VAS is 67 liters. Power handling is 200w RMS, 600W max. The frequency response is 20-200Hz. I'm

Looking to get really musical, but be able to dig as low as possible. I know SPL is out of the question, but TRUE sq seems obtainable in the right box.

I will be playing with a box for a Scion xB(I know I can't do it in my Regular can GMC). I just want to get my hands on some wood to see what I can come up with. I haven't seen a lot of ISO serious in quite sometime, and I figured with an Xmax of only 5.5MM, and an Fs so low, these little babies might be good candidates.

If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to chime in :)

P.S. they are single 4 ohm coils and 10" subs so final load would be 2 ohms obviously. I have a Fosgate T1000bd that will be powering them. I almost considered wiring them at 8 ohms, but I can't imagine the amp puts out a lot at 8. Might be worth a shot just to see :D

My subs are set up at 8 ohms mono ... opitmum for a Linear Power amp ...

OK ... this is what I would do ...

Design and build an enclosure for a single sub with minimum airsspace demintions with external port tuning ... somewhere around 24 to 28 htz ...

install the single sub and make sure it works like it should ... then make you a 1.5" trim ring and install it on the driver ... then atttach your second driver "inverted", wire it up and see what happens ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

here is the specs of the Linear / Blues ISO-Kits from the Linear Power website ...

http://www.linearpower.com/detail/speakers/index.html

Should I include the other driver when I consider tuning? What the final tuning SHOULD be including the driver? Does that make sense? And just so we are clear, are you talking about doing an enclosure similar to yours with external PVC ports? I need to figure out some box specs and then get back on here with a screenshot :)

Do you have a link for the drivers specs so I can take a look at them ??

are these 8s, 10s, 12s, or 15s ???

I could use this question answered please ...

No ... set the enclosure up for "One" sub tuning so you can "Compound load" the enclosure, the main purpose for Isoberic ...

my enclosure is set up for 2 12s ... simply ported and tuned, compound loaded up with 4 10s ...

Isobaric Loading

Isobaric is not actually an enclosure type but a woofer loading method. Isobaric loading can be used in conjunction with any of the enclosure types, except perhaps infinite baffle. Isobaric loading consists of two woofers coupled together by a short enclosure which is only long enough to prevent the two woofers from striking one another. The woofers may be mounted face to face, back to back or front to back. However it is important to have the woofers firing in phase with one another. In order to accomplish this with the woofers firing front to front or back to back one of the woofers speaker leads must be reversed with respect to the other woofer.

Isobaric loading is usually used when space is at a premium or a maximum number of woofers wish to be used in a certain volume of space. By isobarically loading the woofers, a box of only half the size of a one woofer box is needed. For example, if a 12" woofer requires a two cubic foot box, the same 12" woofer isobarically loaded only requires a one cubic foot box. The cost of this design, other than doubling the woofer cost, is a reduction in the subwoofer system efficiency by three decibels (if both woofers are given the same power as a single woofer), which is equivalent to halving the amplifier power. New, small box subwoofer designs have all but eliminated the need for isobaric loading in car audio and it has fallen out of popularity.

Advantages of this design are increased linearity in the speaker movement, lower space requirements, and increased power handling. Disadvantages are increased cost, increased design and assembly complexity, and decreased efficiency

I don't have specs other than Xmax(5.5MM), VAS(67), Fs(29Hz), frequency response(20-200), RMS power handling(50-200), and finally, sensitivity(88dB at 1 watt). They are 10 inch drivers.

I understand what you're talking about with the box and loading now. Basically the output would be similar to 1 10" then?

Basically the output would be similar to 1 10" then?

more like the output of 1 20" driver ... in a 1 10" built enclosure ...

Archived