Second Skin Audio

Roof and Headliner going Ham, losing major output!!

deadening hardbord isnt necessarily a good idea because a CLD is inneffective really on wood. the whole gluing the hardboard to ur roof thing may work but considering how much more work it is over a proper CLD like damplifier pro i wouldnt look at doing that out of the gate

worked fine for me.. its not very much work at all..

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

right im not saying the hardboard support on the roof wont help with flex but the CLD on the hardboard is the drop in the bucket if you know what i mean.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

well there you go as long as your not 100% spl gains then id do plenty of damp pro on the roof. I was in the same position with my cobalt other then the noise (it had major flex but idk maybe bc new car it didn't make much noise from the roof at least) i did almost 100% damp pro coverage on the roof and added an addtional layer in the middle of the big flat patches. It took care of the noise and made it so it didnt look like my car was going to break in half anymore

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I damped pro'ed my roof last month and I have an audi a6 I did 2 layers on all of the roof with the exception of the pillars which even though I was told wouldnt be worth it for the area over its effect I still did one layer over it. I had no problems with fitting the headliner which probably could easily take 2 more or even one more and one of the luxury mats the pillars on the other hand I wouldnt be able to do another on the pillar but I could mat the trim pieces themselfs. And I feel you not wanting to ruin a new car take your time all pieces and test fit everything.