Second Skin Audio

Has anyone ever messed with a 6th order Bandpass box?

WickedToys1

I'm in the middle of making a 6th order bandpass box to put in a standard cab pick-up. Im doing a 13.5cu box for 2 15" RE Sx's and 1 Soundstream 6500 @2 Ohms pushing around 2,800 watts rms, 3 yellow top optimas total 1 underhood and 2 in the rear 4 runs of 1/0 stinger(1 power and 1 ground to each optima).

Has anybody had any good or bad experiences with a 6th order BP?

1 of my buddies did a 9cu 6th order box and 1200watts rms to 1 15" and did a 148, im hoping to get atleast a 151.

banner2.jpghttp://www.DCSOUNDLAB.com/01 Chevy Silverado X-CabPioneer 4900 in Dash3 Stinger 2150'sIraggi 260 amp Alt.1/0 Stinger Wiring(2) DC lvl 5 18's(2) Hifonics Cyclops10 cu box tuned to 27hz

I built a few, for home audio, and daily driving-but not for SPL... I have a different design I use for sealed/bandpass design, thats a lil different than stadard ported style.

But they sound great

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

yeah its a cut through.

i have 3 ports firing into the cab, a port for each subs chamber and a port for the common chamber. 200 total inches of port 50 + 50 + 100, the two outside tuned at 70hz and the middle 100" port is tuned @ 32-33hz

i dont know if this helps to try to picture the box.

i'm taking pictures on the build, i should have everything donetuesday night so hopefully after that i can post all the pics and maybe a 30 sec video(cause 30secs is all my digital picture camara does)

banner2.jpghttp://www.DCSOUNDLAB.com/01 Chevy Silverado X-CabPioneer 4900 in Dash3 Stinger 2150'sIraggi 260 amp Alt.1/0 Stinger Wiring(2) DC lvl 5 18's(2) Hifonics Cyclops10 cu box tuned to 27hz

Archived