k i gess. but bass is important to me i need more bass lol

so if bass is so important to you why not spend the extra money for the alt... it seems you dont know what you want

do u aways get use to the bass or is there a point where it stays loud bc i thinki reach my spending limit

yes you get used to it and once you hear loud anything less is not good enough. like if i get in my brothers car i dont think its loud but it was when i didnt have my AA mayhems, now i laugh at it

fuck it i going to buy a cheap ebay alt if it dies allwell i gess i will buy 3 for the price of one dc alt

LOL go for it. you'll probably end up spending more in the long run anyway.

from my experience with ebay alts, they dont charge at idle. the voltage fluctuates a LOT. im talking about 12-17v. i played muscle cars once. everyone knows how that bass line is. short bursts. saw my voltage go from 13.6 (yes the alt charged that low when hot, compared to 14.4 on stock) down to 12.0 then ALL the way up to fucking almost 17 volts. and everything in between because the voltage regulator was cheap as fuck and didnt know what to do.

at a stop light, i'd be sitting at 12.1 or so since the alt didnt even turn on since it was a piece of shit. as soon as i'd hit the gas, voltage would spike to 16-17, then normalize to like 13.6.

buddy you have to realize. once you go past ~2000-2500w, you have to do some serious electrical work.

its like this. you want to put a performance chip in your car? fine. cold air intake? fine. exhaust? fine. turbo charger? you have to spend money on serious upgrades. like a fuel pump. injectors. new pistons. new crankshaft.

see what i mean?

fuck it i going to buy a cheap ebay alt if it dies allwell i gess i will buy 3 for the price of one dc alt

LOL go for it. you'll probably end up spending more in the long run anyway.

from my experience with ebay alts, they dont charge at idle. the voltage fluctuates a LOT. im talking about 12-17v. i played muscle cars once. everyone knows how that bass line is. short bursts. saw my voltage go from 13.6 (yes the alt charged that low when hot, compared to 14.4 on stock) down to 12.0 then ALL the way up to fucking almost 17 volts. and everything in between because the voltage regulator was cheap as fuck and didnt know what to do.

at a stop light, i'd be sitting at 12.1 or so since the alt didnt even turn on since it was a piece of shit. as soon as i'd hit the gas, voltage would spike to 16-17, then normalize to like 13.6.

buddy you have to realize. once you go past ~2000-2500w, you have to do some serious electrical work.

its like this. you want to put a performance chip in your car? fine. cold air intake? fine. exhaust? fine. turbo charger? you have to spend money on serious upgrades. like a fuel pump. injectors. new pistons. new crankshaft.

see what i mean?

i told him that the other day :P

i have 1 1/0 awg run to the back 1400

idk what to do i bought every saying no loss i can always put it in my next car. but this alt 600$ will stay with the truck + my set up isnt even that good. i just cant justify it. may i can buy a used and abused one off someone.

or

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/2004~GMC~Sierra~4.8L-V8/8237-220-oem.html#tab-product_overview

Archived