My head liner sags a bit from all the summer its been through that have high humidity. I will put 2 layer of deadner under the headliner and recover the headliner in tan or black suede. I dont know it I want to just leave it off but it will be off for a couple weeks when I do get it off. I was thinking of spraying bed liner on the roof in the interior and then put deadner over that but I dont think it would stick. Also if I bed lined it first I wouldnt put but one layer of deadner.

@swan: yea man the roof loves to move but being as big as it is I can understand. It will get deadened here before long though.

@reel: I appreciate it man

@lance: Where would you recommend I switch it to without going through the floor?

I was thinking of doing a better ground and I got the 6ft of 1/0 for my ground already but just havent run a ground to a better location yet. I just need to find a spot that is a guaranteed to be a better spot than I got now. Would it be worth going through the floor to the frame maybe? I already got some 1/0 grommets so I basically got the supplies for the ground other than ring terminals which I can get with no problem.

-James

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

I'm guilty of grounding my amp to the seat frame just like you. I didn't want to go through the floor so I just ran a ground run to the battery up front. Since I figured I would end up doing it eventually.

Edit: And how big is your Alt?

~Team Nussiance~

Head Unit: Sony MEX-BT38UW

Amplifier: 1 AQ2200d for break in period

Subwoofers: 2 AQ HDC3 18's

Mids and Highs: 1 pair of AQ PA-6.5's and 1 pair of AQ PA Supertweets

Scores: 148.1db @47hz

146db- Dash

143.8db- Headrest

Both on music

Would it be better at the battery or on the frame? I will go through the floor if that is better. I got a grommet and a step drill to make it water/air tight. Also my alt is the optional 124a alt

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

The chassis ground is the best ground you can have, now is it much better than the seat belt ground idk, but i would rather drill through, it'll make you feel more professional to

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

Damn usually the stock alts for our trucks are the 140a alts. Hows your voltage? I need to do something with my electrical but moneys tight.

~Team Nussiance~

Head Unit: Sony MEX-BT38UW

Amplifier: 1 AQ2200d for break in period

Subwoofers: 2 AQ HDC3 18's

Mids and Highs: 1 pair of AQ PA-6.5's and 1 pair of AQ PA Supertweets

Scores: 148.1db @47hz

146db- Dash

143.8db- Headrest

Both on music

Interesting Build !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

@monte: thanks man I really appreciate it.

@swan: Yea the one I got didn't come with rear air so they didnt step it up to a 140a alt. I know the new ones come stock with a 140 but without rear air I think the 124a was the limit. I really could be wrong on that but correct if I am. My voltage on lows from 22-26hz dips to 13.6-13.7v but anything 28hz and above it stays 13.8-14.2v. Then I normally idle 14.4v. On super hot days where the heat index is 105-115 I will charge 14.3 at idle. All these readings are at the amp not the front battery. Opinions on voltage?

In the picture below I was thinking of going through the floor where the tip of my finger is. I got a straight shot over to the frame without having to go over or under the the leaf springs. Also after predrilling the right sized whole in the frame would a self tapping screw be sufficient?

Also what does everyone think about the ground wire sticking up through the carpet? and should I do it under the amp rack or through the floor where my finger was in the picture?

**edit**

I forgot the pic haha:

aa42c405.jpg

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Its appreciated there Cableguy. Also any thoughts/opinions/criticism that yall think would make my build cleaner, better looking, or perform better feel free to post away. I dont get butt hurt too bad. I try to take criticism and opinions as a way to improve on what I am doing.

-James

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Hey man the build thread is looking nice man and very detailed too. Very clean box too man and let me borrow some bedliner when you finish your box so I can finish mine haha. I wish I took more pictures when we were working on my box and my components now haha. Keep it up man. Oh and sorry I was out of town when you were working on your box you know I would've helped man. Well I'm tuned in for this one.

Archived