Product: Audio Technix 60 Mil Sound Deadener - B-Stock

Manufactured by: Audio Technix

Received from: dirtysouth32

I got a full roll of Audio Technix 60 Mil deadener, from Don, that he didn't end up using for the Jeep rebuild. The reason for it being B-Stock, was only due to the wax paper being harder than normal to pull off. That's it. Even then, it wasn't really that tough to pull off, just grab a corner, and separate from the deadener and pull.

As of right now, I've only applied it to my trunk lid and can already tell a noticeable difference. My trunk rattle was horrendous, but I've grown accustomed to it for so long, that I didn't really notice it anymore. I had sprayed Great Stuff in all the nooks and crannies of the trunk lid when I first put my system in, but it didn't make much of a difference in eliminating the rattles.

The trunk had been previously prepped for putting deadener on, it was just a matter of when I was actually going to buy the deadener. But Don tossed the offer at me and I couldn't refuse.

It was extremely easy to apply. Thick, yet flexible enough to form and fit the contours of my trunk lid. The adhesive is very sticky, so it had no problems sticking to the metal. Just had to lay it on and press out all the air bubbles, then continued to lay on strips until it got too hot outside to work. Got about 75% of the trunk lid done, then got my temperature meter and stuck it in the trunk, closed the lid and went inside. Went back out to check on it 2 hours later, only to find that the temperature meter was reading 131 degrees, and there was absolutely no sagging of any of the deadener and none of it had shifted from the places where I applied it to.

Next was the driving test. The first thing I noticed was how much cleaner the bass appeared to be. The second thing was the lack of trunk rattle. Drove my normal route, which was about 45 minutes on the road, at various volumes, down bumpy roads and across railroad tracks, and the clarity of the bass stayed the same, and none of the rattles came back. I got to my destination and popped the trunk to see if any of the deadener moved around or started to sag, and the answer is no. Nothing was out of place and it was all still stuck to the trunk lid.

On the way home, I had a friend driving beside me while going at full volume and he said that he could tell a difference. He couldn't hear any trunk rattle from outside the car, both driving, and at a stoplight. And he said that he could tell a difference in the quality of bass that was coming from the car. It sounded undistorted. He's ridden in my car before and has been at shows with me and knew how bad the rattle used to be.

In my opinion, it's a great product for the money. Does what it's supposed to do and honestly exceeded my expectations.

I've talked to Coleman, owner of Audio Technix, and he stands by his product 110%. If you buy his products and just happen to have a problem with it, he will go above and beyond any expectations to make sure that you are satisfied with the end result.

I will get videos of end result when I get a free minute to do so, and I will add to this thread if I have any further updates about the product.

- Adam

Edited by HatersGonnaHate

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Review ... I've had NO problems with my Audio Technix products in my truck ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Yeap, definitely ordering 2 orders of B-stock 80 mill AudioTechnix when I get my paycheck at the end of the week for my trunk, and doors.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Just talked to Coleman... Found out that this was 60 Mil.... Regardless, it does one hell of a job!

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Great Review ... I've had NO problems with my Audio Technix products in my truck ...

That's great to hear!

Nice review, but I would never use it again, even for free.

Im just saying there are bad experiences for every company.

Indeed, every company does have a bad experience every now and then. Thanks for just stating that, and not bashing the hell out of the company, Ken :good:

Yeap, definitely ordering 2 orders of B-stock 80 mill AudioTechnix when I get my paycheck at the end of the week for my trunk, and doors.

You won't be disappointed man!

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Just talked to Coleman... Found out that this was 60 Mil.... Regardless, it does one hell of a job!

Coleman is a good man to deal with as well, tried ordering some power wire, Paypal didn't work from the site, emailed him, he responded immediately, and gave me a direct paypal order, and shipped the day after (it was Sunday)

Though still gonna order 80 mill, my trunk is easy to rattle, even the stock system could rattle it, and my rear deck is pissing me off.

Edited by Omega5002

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Coleman is a good man to deal with as well, tried ordering some power wire, Paypal didn't work from the site, emailed him, he responded immediately, and gave me a direct paypal order, and shipped the day after (it was Sunday)

Though still gonna order 80 mill, my trunk is easy to rattle, even the stock system could rattle it, and my rear deck is pissing me off.

REAR

FUCKIN

DECK.

FUCKIN GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Yea, rear deck is the next thing to get deadened lol.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg