Basically, I really would like some ideas on the best painting method to get a finish with heavy texture like all pro audio subwoofer enclosures. I need a finish that can take a beating from being moved around & such. Thanks!

B.T.T.M

-Jake Ryan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhinoliner is best bet..or use resin the texture paint after words

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

bedliner can take a beating. it doesn't look too bad and has a grippy texture too

^Bedliner is probably your best bet if you want paint that isn't easy to scuff. Either that or use a textured spray paint like a stone texture.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

How much would someone say it would cost to cover a box with rhinoliner? like a 4-5cu gross enclosure.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

How much would someone say it would cost to cover a box with rhinoliner? like a 4-5cu gross enclosure.

I could honestly not know about rhinoliner but bedliner is like 30 or something dollars a can.

B.T.T.M

-Jake Ryan

Sand it with ~40 grit sandpaper and paint with 2 coats of herculiner/rhinoliner/etc (not the shitty duplicolor spray stuff) using a sponge roller.

That's what I do and it comes out tough as nails

Archived