this is why we sould make all connections the right way plz look

To moh .vze.com Are you using washers when bolting down your wires and if so what kind? If your using just flat washers, thats not good enough, you will want to use lock washers.

I'm just using flat washers (the ones that came with the XS battery). That allen head bolt is not very long either in my opionion, if I were to add more washers, it wouldn't have enough room to screw down. Any suggestions?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

neoprene nuts or w/e they are, they have the plastic bushing inside the but that keeps it from loosening up.Some people call them lock nuts.

lock-nuts-washers.jpg

Note: the ground wire that's coming loose is the one that's in the trunk of my car going into the distribution block. If that thing dangles in the trunk and touches metal parts of the car it won't cause fire right? The whole car is grounded anyway. The only thing I need to worry about is it it touches another positive wire end somehow?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Note: the ground wire that's coming loose is the one that's in the trunk of my car going into the distribution block. If that thing dangles in the trunk and touches metal parts of the car it won't cause fire right? The whole car is grounded anyway. The only thing I need to worry about is it it touches another positive wire end somehow?

Temp system or not...bolt your box down and secure your ground.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

ya, but its just an impala.. you're better off.. BTW.. doesnt it hurt yo brane tuh talk lyke dis? or duz ya think its koo?

another smart guy great u got nothin possitive to say keep it to ya self wat r u like 5 yrs old ?

brooklyn style

Holy shit this has GOT to be the worst display of intelligence and grammar i have EVER seen... My head hurts

o we in school now

ive noticed a lot of funny jokers on this site always got sumthin to say

like i said b4 if u aint got nothin possitive to say fuck off

brooklyn style

Hmm. You're the second person on the internet I've seen where the car caught on fire with car audio.

I have fuses under my hood to the amp in my trunk but my question is if one of my ground wire comes loose (I have 2 negative runs to the back) can it potentially cause a fire. One of my temporary 0AWG ground wire that's connected to a distr. block has been coming loose now and then because my speaker box and amps move around in the trunk when I do sharp turns (nothing is bolted down yet because it's a temporary system anyway).

Fuses under hood

484119_10150987986162776_731890338_n.jpg

^

My other question is, are there any alternative bolts for the XS Power battery? That one uses an allen wrench end and gets dull overtime when I have to disconnect the battery. It's also a bit hard to make it tighten when I have all those runs off a terminal.

yea temp or not strap em down it took 5 mins for my car to go up complete so i would advise u bolt the amps down tight till u do wateva u gonna do

brooklyn style

Holy shit this has GOT to be the worst display of intelligence and grammar i have EVER seen... My head hurts

o we in school now

ive noticed a lot of funny jokers on this site always got sumthin to say

like i said b4 if u aint got nothin possitive to say fuck off

No we arent in school.. But you shoulda stayed there. And no, you idiot, we just want to make the garbage spewing forth from your finger tips worth reading. Let me reiterate that in idiot speak for you "naw mane, we juss waz trien tuh make ur post readable playa homie g thug" that readable for ya sweetheart?

Archived