Sundown Audio

Okay so i recently bought a sundown saz 3000d from someone off of SMD forums and its in almost mint condition, but i am having troubles with the setup. I dont have a remote bass knob (controller) for the amp and was trying to run it off the headunit alone. On the amp there are one set of inputs and there is a Br-out and a Br-in. I hooked the rca cables into the input as you normally would on and amp, but my sub isnt even coming on. the amp has power, everything is working properly because i just removed another amp. The speaker wires are hooked up. Is it not playing because i need a remote bass knob (controller) that fits into the (phone line shaped) remote controll input? I put one of the rca cables(red) into an input and put the other rca cable (white) into the Br-input and the subwoofer is playing so basically the amp is acting as a slave unit and not a master unit. but when i try to set the gain it has no effect on the subwoofer. So basically its a slave unit. the only thing i can think that would effect it is if i need that remote bass knob. can someone knowledgeable about this kind of thing help me out?

Thanks.

05 trailblazer

Sub-3 Aq hdc3 18 with psi recones (need motors hmu)

Sub amps- 2 Lanzar opti 3200

This may sound stupid, but did you check the master/slave switch?

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

It doesnt need a bass knob to work did you change it from slave to master it might have a switch on it?

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

1) There is no master slave switch on those amps.

2) Br-in & out jacks are for strapping multiple amps together, so don't use those.

3) You do not need the remote for normal operation.

4) Wire and connect the amp under standard protocol

Make sure your sub output is up on your source unit.

The amp should work as designed.

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

I got a ap1500 in their and works fine and I take it out put sundown 3k in their and conect as usual it don't play... Does the 3k not like the rcas or something I have no clue

throw up some pics maybe.

Remote wire

ground wire

power wire

RCAs

and output.

does the amp not turn on at all? lilke no blue light?

check that the sub wires are in the right holes. Mine at least (SAZ-1500D) has 4 out but you're only supposed to use 2

1) There is no master slave switch on those amps.

2) Br-in & out jacks are for strapping multiple amps together, so don't use those.

3) You do not need the remote for normal operation.

4) Wire and connect the amp under standard protocol

Make sure your sub output is up on your source unit.

The amp should work as designed.

RE QUOTING this.

ONLY time to use the Br in/out is if you are straping. Now take the one RCA you have plugged into the Br in and put it into the other hole that doesn't say Br in or Br out. Then it should all work properly.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks