Comparison of entry/medium level 12inch subs?

Does anyone know of an SPL comparison between numerous subs?

say, ranging from 300 watts to 1000watts or so?

obviously same setup, same car, same amp.

I've been playing with the old Pioneer 305c subs, as well as some Pioneer 307s, as I already had them.

But am now looking to "upgrade" without spending too much, and really want a guaranteed SPL increase!

thanks!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO way to guarantee an SPL increase other than the most obvious solution: GIANT SUNDOWN AUDIO sticker.

Seriously though OP, you're looking for SPL on a tight budget? Start learning how to build a good enclosure.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I've been beating the shit out of my Alpine type E's for 4 years. Managed a 146.8 db on an unclamped 1k amp with 4 12's.

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

Without a budget, it's impossible to help. Being that you are overseas, no one knows what kind of availability you have. YOU should research a little since no one will have information on what you can get reasonably priced.

Also, you haven't told us what size sub you need, what vehicle it's going in, how much space you have, what type of tuning you prefer, what kind of music you listen to, Since you're saying SPL, I would assume you want a burp oinly setup tuned in the 50s?

Give more specifics about what EXACTLY you're looking for, amount willing to spend, and overall goal for this subwoofer.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived