looking to get the most out of xd2000 w/o alt upgrade

18V is my max out put on my amp if i am crazy bc it sound like i am so i will add a battery and hope for the best

okay. first off, you need a new alternator and an external regulator in order for you to get an 18v system, which would make you charge at around 21v.

secondly, you need a step down module so you dont fry every single fucking piece of electronics in your car, like the ecu, and headlights, and heater, and defroster, dash cluster, etc.

thirdly, you need 18v batteries, which are very hard to come by, so people usually wire a bunch of 9v batteries (not the kind you can buy at walgreens) together to achieve 18v.

fourthly, you need to stop being a damn moron.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you know witchcraft. You might could pull it off. But really seriously op 200? Haha. That's not even enough for 1 battery. You might be able to buy a step down module for it. That's it tho. My advice sell the caps to some idiot and the redtop. That plus the 200 you should be able to get a d3100 and maybe 1 smaller one. So less voltage drop.

Edited by deeje

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Ok...

1. You need a battery, $$$

2. You need increase your voltage by getting a VCM or depending on how the car is, you might be able to make something up that will increase the voltage. I won't tell you how to do that because if you do it wrong, your alt will go full power sending 20v+ to everything in the car toasting all of your electronics. $$$

3. You need a step-down converter since the stock electronics can't handle 18v. $$$

You see where I'm going with this? It costs a chunk of change to do. 18v isn't something you can just throw together on a budget to try and get more power from the amp. Especially not on a daily driver where if a low quality part fails, you are now sore outta luck because your car is no longer driveable

Kranny you dont need to mean dude i just said with $200.00 what would give me the best op to get the most voltage i could I did not say i wanted to get to 18v i was just looking for a little help bc i alway get the best help here....but i am done

4 kicker ks 60

1"AMERICAN BASS DOMES

RE DTS 80X2

AMERICAN BASS xd2000

2 OBSIDIAN 15D2

ALL KNU WIRING & RCA

THE BIG THREE

1.5FARAD MASSIVE AUDIO CAP

2.0FARAD MASSIVE AUDIO CAP

98 JEEP CHEROKEE

avic930

optima red top

american bass sq2000

So I was hoping u guys could help I have about $200 bucks and I want to try and get as close to 18v

Words are a wondrous thing. Just take the information with a grain of salt. If you want to better your electrical because youre having voltage drop do the big 3 and buy whatever audio battery you can with the money leftover.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Thanks man i have the big three what do you think about sound stream 200farad cap

4 kicker ks 60

1"AMERICAN BASS DOMES

RE DTS 80X2

AMERICAN BASS xd2000

2 OBSIDIAN 15D2

ALL KNU WIRING & RCA

THE BIG THREE

98 JEEP CHEROKEE

avic930

optima red top

american bass sq2000

ok so no caps optima yellow top i can got one for $160.00 what do you think about a battery isolater what does it do

4 kicker ks 60

1"AMERICAN BASS DOMES

RE DTS 80X2

AMERICAN BASS xd2000

2 OBSIDIAN 15D2

ALL KNU WIRING & RCA

THE BIG THREE

98 JEEP CHEROKEE

avic930

optima red top

american bass sq2000

You don't need an idolater either. Did you not read my post? Sell your optima and your caps and get the biggest xs power you can fit under the hood and another small one for the trunk if you can afford it.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

ok so no caps optima yellow top i can got one for $160.00 what do you think about a battery isolater what does it do

You don't need it. It essentially disconnects the batteries from eachother when the car is off. Get the same batteries all around and you are fine. An isolater is just an added expense that you will see no use from unless you play with your car off at shows until the batteries are dead - which I wouldn't suggest doing anyway.