why have a bass leval or boost?

Hay guys what I'm try to figure out is when you dd-1 you are suposed to have you you bass,trebal and mids on headunit flatt at zero and bass boost on amps set zero. Then why does it seem every amp has a bass boost feature and all head units have adjustable bass and treable????.

Bass boost on amp ? To use only if your head unit is VERY weak, and even when you crank the gain up, you have just a little bass, not enough.

But nowadays h u are strong and powerful enough : you don't need boost no more.

That's what the Sundown owner told me once. IIRC !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

And that's something else I don't understand is why jacob(owner of sundown audio and a great guy) still puts bass boost on his amps. I'm stumped.

For the rookies. If you see one amp with a bass boost knob and another amp without one, then most people would get the one with the bass boost knob.

Now you say, that's such a small group of people that would pick an amp that way, but Sundown (or ANY Car Audio company for that matter) can't really afford to give away any part of their market. It'd be silly to do so. They need every sale they can get. That applies for everybody in the business.