I've been putting off buying a voltmeter due to the fact my car already has a stock one. I was just wondering, how accurate are the stock ones? Do i really need to buy an aftermarket one?

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

4 cubes tuned to about 34hz

DC 3.5k

1/0 Welding Supply Ultra Flex

Stock 140A alt

Stinger Fuses & Fuse Holders

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

If i remember correctly, The stock ones read the Alt Voltage, and not the battery.

I would def buy an aftermarket one. Stinger will work, But if you need pinpoint accurate go Dakota Digital.

After reading your Sig, I would totally get one to watch the voltage on that 3.5K. Better safe then sorry.

Edited by Katt

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

If i remember correctly, The stock ones read the Alt Voltage, and not the battery.

I would def buy an aftermarket one. Stinger will work, But if you need pinpoint accurate go Dakota Digital.

After reading your Sig, I would totally get one to watch the voltage on that 3.5K. Better safe then sorry.

alright thanks man, and yeah i really need to invest in a h/o alt haha....but now that i think of it when im playing full tilt, the meter will drop into the 12s and it takes a minute to come back to normal after im done playing for long periods of time. you sure its just the alt its monitoring?

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

DC 3.5k

Stock 140A alt

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

alright thanks man, and yeah i really need to invest in a h/o alt haha....but now that i think of it when im playing full tilt, the meter will drop into the 12s and it takes a minute to come back to normal after im done playing for long periods of time. you sure its just the alt its monitoring?

Yeah they do wonders for sure, lol.

Im not exactly sure if it is connected to the Alt, or somewhere along there, I may have just read wrong on that, But still regardless i wouldn't trust it. They're meant for just basic voltage reading, not the stuff we do. So its not gonna be quick on the response. So that's why i'd choose an aftermarket digital one instead. Amazon has them around 25ish.

Im not exactly sure if it is connected to the Alt, or somewhere along there, I may have just read wrong on that, But still regardless i wouldn't trust it. They're meant for just basic voltage reading, not the stuff we do. So its not gonna be quick on the response. So that's why i'd choose an aftermarket digital one instead. Amazon has them around 25ish.

thanks ill probably buy one soon...they look good anyway haha

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

DC 3.5k

Stock 140A alt

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

Yes sir,

And if you do what i did, I took mine, and above my rear view, i place it on the windshield, and removed the stinger logo, And its decently bright at night, and the lights nice when you're looking for something, use to the dark, and wont need the blinding dome light. But mines blue, not sure how the red or green would be.

Yes sir,

And if you do what i did, I took mine, and above my rear view, i place it on the windshield, and removed the stinger logo, And its decently bright at night, and the lights nice when you're looking for something, use to the dark, and wont need the blinding dome light. But mines blue, not sure how the red or green would be.

thats a good idea! ill probably end up getting the red one and mounting it in my dash, thanks for the idea though, i thought about it lol

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

DC 3.5k

Stock 140A alt

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

Yes sir,

thats a good idea! ill probably end up getting the red one and mounting it in my dash, thanks for the idea though, i thought about it lol

Yeah lol. Works wonders.

I noticed you're from IL, Where at? And are you coming to the DTF Show this year?

Yes sir,

Yeah lol. Works wonders.

I noticed you're from IL, Where at? And are you coming to the DTF Show this year?

east peoria sir :)

and i thought about it....im a huge bass head and have all this great equipment but ive never been to a show...not once

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

DC 3.5k

Stock 140A alt

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

Yes sir,

Yeah lol. Works wonders.

east peoria sir :)

and i thought about it....im a huge bass head and have all this great equipment but ive never been to a show...not once

Hmm, Quiet a ways.

So am i, And i've only been to two shows lol.

You should come to the DTF show this year, Sept 29th. It should be pretty fun and loud!

Here in Springfield, at Sundown One!

If you have Facebook, i can send you a Invite to the thing.