IS my music clipping?

Audacity is terrible for trying to find clipping cause 99% of what you see is over gain and beyond max caused from new people thinking that if they push it to the max they make louder music but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Use windows media player to see the real clipping and the clipping you need to be concerned with is the sub frequency as there are so few that it literally stops the speaker from making it's full travel and heats the coil much faster and higher in temp than would normally happen with unclipped songs.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

fyi, red isnt clipping in audacity, it just means the wave is either 0db or over. even when you do "show clipping" it really only shows where the wave spikes to over 0db. you can make a clean generated 50hz wave in audacity, and put the amplitude to 1 (amplitude of 1 = 0db in audacity) and it will be solid red.

better yet, generate a saw tooth or square wave with the generator and the show clipping on.

edit: one way to do it is zoom in REALLY close in audacity until you can see the actually wave forms crests and troughs. do this in the heavy bass lines and check to see if everything is rounded or jagged/squarish.

I had no idea.. hmm. i'll keep this in mind

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

• 2 weeks later...