LOL: Know Your Rights: Law Student Backs Down Cop..

just wondering why he was just toating a loaded gun out in the open (with a camera) in the first place ...

to try and get cops in trouble ??? to see if they are doing their job correctly, or to see if they would not say anything ???

or maybe he was selling narcotics and knew how to bullshit his way out of trouble ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even if they aren't breaking any laws and are completely correct, the guys in these videos always sound like annoying smartasses....I'd want to arrest them too.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

although idk why he had to be that guy and not be like heres my id, youll find nothing, it was a pretty good vid, very vaild points

He had no legal obligation to do so and since he happened to know the laws he was completely justified in doing what he did :)

There's a difference between enforcing your rights as a person and being a dick. This dude was the latter.

If this happened in Massachusetts he would've gotten in deep shit. Failure to provide ID is no joke. Here if they request ID and you don't provide it in a reasonable manner police can detain you until they can identify you.

I didn't read any comments but does anyone know what state this happened in?

It happened in portland maine... The guy did nothing wrong and there was NOTHING he could get in trouble for. If the cops had arrested him for not showing ID then they would have gotten in trouble for unlawfully imprisoning him... He had no legal obligation to ID himself to the cop and it is that simple

I can't believe in Maine they don't have requirements to provide identification...

The cop was on borderline probable cause. If someone had said that there was someone brandishing a weapon than he would have been well within his rights as an officer to detain the man.

Also, in most states if you're carrying a weapon you HAVE to provide ID to as the police officer said insure you are not illegally carrying. Stupid ME and not having laws to protect officers and people alike... Lol

He was not brandishing... He lives in an Open Carry state so there is nothing they can do... Just because someone calls doesnt give them probable cause to stop him.. He was exercising his right to carry..

I live in an open carry state and officers have NO legal authority just to stop you and ask you for id for carrying a visible weapon. Something else has to be done to give them cause to stop you NOT just the sight of a visible weapon

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

just wondering why he was just toating a loaded gun out in the open (with a camera) in the first place ...

to try and get cops in trouble ??? to see if they are doing their job correctly, or to see if they would not say anything ???

or maybe he was selling narcotics and knew how to bullshit his way out of trouble ???

He was exercising his right to open carry. He lives in a state where he has the right to do so

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

This make me want to learn my state laws more so BS like this doesn't happen, he knew his stuff

I'm still looking at buying a pistol. Nothing too serious, just want to get down to the range occasionally

10103.jpg

Also, in most states if you're carrying a weapon you HAVE to provide ID to as the police officer said insure you are not illegally carrying. Stupid ME and not having laws to protect officers and people alike... Lol

thankfully in georgia a cop has to haver a legitimate reason to ask me to provide identification. if im carrying my handgun (which i do openly) he has to have reasonable suspicion of a crime to ask for my carry license.

basically, it has to be more than a tier-1 encounter for identification or license. an officers "hunch" or "public concern" means absolutely nothing in georgia.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

thankfully in georgia a cop has to haver a legitimate reason to ask me to provide identification. if im carrying my handgun (which i do openly) he has to have reasonable suspicion of a crime to ask for my carry license.

basically, it has to be more than a tier-1 encounter for identification or license. an officers "hunch" or "public concern" means absolutely nothing in georgia.

And you support this? If you're not doing anything illegal and have your licenses than why would you? A person who is up to no good essentially could walk around and without PC a cop can't do shit... It's absolutely idiotic to not enable police to screen people carrying firearms in public areas.

And you support this? If you're not doing anything illegal and have your licenses than why would you? A person who is up to no good essentially could walk around and without PC a cop can't do shit... It's absolutely idiotic to not enable police to screen people carrying firearms in public areas.

It's absolutely idiotic to enable police to screen people carrying firearms in public areas... Legitimate suspicion is one thing, a call from a scared citizen is another. That's like me saying that guy over there is too tall, or he is being ignorant with his posts and I'm scared, ID him. It's the joy of being American, the right to bear arms. If you don't like it, go to Canada.. Or England.

Derp.

Archived