Too small for her hole?

uhh i lemme say this. i have 0awg run from the front to back, and a distribution block for my mono and 2 channel, the 8awg is about 1.5feet and the 4awg wire for the mono is like 10 inches.

That's not too good. I'd invest in some wire and fuses if I where you man.

And another battery.

please explain why you think this is no good?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uhh i lemme say this. i have 0awg run from the front to back, and a distribution block for my mono and 2 channel, the 8awg is about 1.5feet and the 4awg wire for the mono is like 10 inches.

And another battery.

Because you're running two amplifiers off of one run of 0ga. The Crescendo is going to pull serious amperage alone and you have another amplifier pulling some power at the same time. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but I'd rather be motherfucking safe than motherfucking sorry, especially when dealing with a nice amplifier like the 2K.

Riddle me this; Is your distribution block fused?

Nothing but old school!

01 Saturn SL1

Sony CDX GT500 H/U

Polk DB651 in front doors

Profile AMP121 on Polks

US Amps USA400 on sub

One 12" Cadence Ultra 6ohm

And another battery.

Because you're running two amplifiers off of one run of 0ga. The Crescendo is going to pull serious amperage alone and you have another amplifier pulling some power at the same time. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but I'd rather be motherfucking safe than motherfucking sorry, especially when dealing with a nice amplifier like the 2K.

i'ev actually read numerous people who have owned the bc2k say it is extremely efficient on power, but neverless it is a 2k amp.

and the distribution block itself isnt fused, just the 200amp fuse by the battery in the front.

And another battery.

i'ev actually read numerous people who have owned the bc2k say it is extremely efficient on power, but neverless it is a 2k amp.

and the distribution block itself isnt fused, just the 200amp fuse by the battery in the front.

Yeah then I definitely wouldn't install that amplifier until you have the necessary wiring and fuses.

Nothing but old school!

01 Saturn SL1

Sony CDX GT500 H/U

Profile AMP121 on Polks

US Amps USA400 on sub

I would fuse the wires from dis block to the amps jus to be a little safer untill u can get another battery. A volt meter would be a good thing to invest in as well so u can see how low ur dropping so u dont kill ur amps

2000 stratus10 SunDown E-10s

Singer 250amp Alt

Xs Power D975Concept c2400All 0 gauge wire10 6 1/2's in Rear Doors

I would fuse the wires from dis block to the amps jus to be a little safer untill u can get another battery. A volt meter would be a good thing to invest in as well so u can see how low ur dropping so u dont kill ur amps

Let me say that the best place to wire the volt meter to IMHO is to put the wires inside the inputs on the amp with the power wire. That way you know exactly what the amp is seeing

so, for this instance anyways(though it may not be ideal), fuse the 4awg from the distribution block to the amp? (100amp would suffice for a 1100rms load?)

note* and i do have spare fuse holders and fuses laying around

Edited by Tim Lam

i ran an mrp-m1000 and that was 100rms less than the bc2k,

but the alpine manual suggested a 100amp fuse with 4awg wire. i think that should be fine an a 10inch wire if it was fine on a 20ft run of 4awg.

I'm only suggesting you run a smaller fuse so your car doesn't go up in flames as you try to give it all its got.

Nothing but old school!

01 Saturn SL1

Sony CDX GT500 H/U

Profile AMP121 on Polks

US Amps USA400 on sub