Sonic Electronix

Honda/Acura Coupe/4dr Owners, Come Inside :)

on the 06-09 honda civics, the max dem without removing anything for your trunk is about 15.5"H 37"W 22"D.

you can only fit 12" subs max unless you start ripping the trim up or cutting.

if you go ported theres probably about 4.5 cu ft to play with anyways.

Actually you can fit 15's in the trunk without cutting into anything. Remove the spare and you gain another 4-5" down. For most of us we lose the use of our spare anyway

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

on the 06-09 honda civic, i have found that a 270 amp billet casing alternator is about as big as your going to get unless YOU customize under the hood and buy a different alt for a different vehicle that fits your specifications.

there is a few inches to play around with, after that you're going to have to start re cabling the alternator plugs.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

02 civic max dimensions without removing anything is 14h x 40w x 22d. That's measuring right up against the back seats.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

when deadening, the first thing you want to do is THE REAR DECK!

the rear deck is the huge piece of trim in the back above your trunk where your rear speakers are located.

the second thing you want to deaden is the entire trunk. this will cut down on ALL rattles unless you have destroyed your roof braces.

I second the rear deck being done first that lil bish is like rubber when bass lines drop. I removed my trunk braces I would suggest using torsion rods anyway because the Civic trunk cross bars start acting up with more bass and they take up a lot of usable space. Torsion rods are not hard to do I will post a DIY when I do mine in the coming weeks. For the most part deaden the license plate and listen before you deaden it all.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Oh. And max trunk dimensions on a 6th gen sedan without cutting anything or changing from Gooseneck hinges to gas piston trunk hinges is 20in High, 38in Wide, 35in Deep.

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

on the 06-09 honda civics, the max dem without removing anything for your trunk is about 15.5"H 37"W 22"D.

Actually you can fit 15's in the trunk without cutting into anything. Remove the spare and you gain another 4-5" down. For most of us we lose the use of our spare anyway

sure you can fit a 15, but why in the fuck would you want to choke the shit out of it and go through all that just to fit a 15 instead of 2 12s.

a 15 firing back in the newer civics in the tire well will do a few things for you:

rattle everything.

be terrible because its in the middle of the trunk and resonate like garbage

give you 0 trunk space anyways because its in the middle of the god damn trunk and uses 3 cu ft.

firing up into the rear deck is full of lmao.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

sure you can fit a 15, but why in the fuck would you want to choke the shit out of it and go through all that just to fit a 15 instead of 2 12s.

a 15 firing back in the newer civics in the tire well will do a few things for you:

rattle everything.

be terrible because its in the middle of the trunk and resonate like garbage

give you 0 trunk space anyways because its in the middle of the god damn trunk and uses 3 cu ft.

firing up into the rear deck is full of lmao.

Actually they can still fire forward and do not have to be positioned in the area you only need the space your box doesn't need to be there. Second lets not talk about an unusable trunk Mr 4 cubes :lol2::rofl: Serious though I have seen it done on newer model civics I need to find pics if I can but it can be done very well without much trouble. and btw with 42" of usable space you can fit 2 15's perfectly fine.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

well about 16.5" is the tallest the box is getting in a 06-09 and thats with the trunk lid and hinges coming off.

you should be able to push it all the way forward, but finding a place for the port will be kind of hard.

37-40" to play with on the baffle, 2 15s and 15" of port per is quite a squeeze lol.

plus the rear deck lid to the bottom of the frame (rear seat opening) isnt very tall.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

In that instance I would typically say if you can get them in and moved forward then def aero port through the rear deck. It would be dope to see it really would.

Speaking of which another tip if you are planning on anything big remove the by 9's and leave the rear deck empty seal it up tight the by 9's serve no purpose that can't be fixed by adding speakers elsewhere. Adam post the pics of how much space we have behind the rear side panels and how to run 1/0 in the car without having to run under the car. Might as well post your big 3 diy for civics. I will hit up Scooter and have him post all of his civic diys since he has so many great ones that are very clean cool and helpful

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

7th Gen Civic Big 3

You must remove the entire stock intake assembly to access the battery to frame ground, and the transmission to frame ground. It was easy for me to do the big 3 since I already have a short ram intake on there, so it freed up a lot of that space. Also, while the stock air box assembly is out, this would be a great time to run your wires from the front battery to the inside of the car.

Engine to frame:

Remove stock ground. Sand the paint off the frame and clean the spot on the block where you're going to attach it.

IMG_20120418_122712.jpg

The frame all sanded with the ground attached.

IMG_20120418_122721.jpg

Spot on the block where the ground runs to.

IMG_20120418_122728.jpg

Negative of battery to the frame.... Then the frame to the transmission/transmission mount.

It's 2 different strips of wire.

IMG_20120418_122750.jpg

This is the second part of the frame to transmission/mount. You can see in the back where the wire from the battery and the wire from the transmission both meet on the frame.

IMG_20120418_122809.jpg

Engine bay with the short ram intake and all the stock shit gone

DSCN0999.jpg

Where the battery to chassis and transmission to chassis ground are

DSCN1002.jpg

DSCN1001.jpg

DSCN1000.jpg

No room to work with near the alt at all lol. You can kind of see how I had to to a 90 degree bend in the terminal to get it out of the way

DSCN1005.jpg

DSCN1004.jpg

Loomed up and zip-tied to the front of the engine bay

DSCN1003.jpg

Also had to do a 90 degree bend on the terminal attaching to the battery

DSCN1007.jpg

And 2 runs of 1/0ga going through the main harness grommet that runs inside behind the glove box. The 2nd run of 1/0ga isn't hooked up to anything, it's just there so I don't have to run it later lol

DSCN1006.jpg

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived