Sonic Electronix

Alright, so i have a Sony XAV-72BT deck, a 4 channel amp and I just bought 2 Fi ssd's and a crescendo 2000 amp.

So the deck has Front, rear RCA outputs and 1 rca jack out for the sub out. So i bought a 2F1M rca and hooked up the sub amp to the sub out, and then used a 4 channel rca for the 4 channel amp. There is 1 remote wire which i spliced into two and put to both amps. I have my Fi's wired down to 1 ohm and i want to set my gains using my multimeter.

THERE IS NO SOUND. I put the multimeter on the speaker outputs for my subs and theres no voltage. theres no sound if i hook them up

Both amps do light up and turn on. My 4 channel plays music but i Cant for the life of me figure out how to get my subs working. Ive tried putting an set of rca's from the output on the 4 channel to the cresendo.

Im fuckin hooped. help me out eh?

Maybe the deck doesn't have enough voltage to turn on both amps. Try putting the remote into only one amp and see if it turns on.

Edit: Just read your bold lol

Edited by wmrcs

E34 540iT/6

can you draw a diagram? i think i know what your saying but i wanna make sure...also the speaker outputs put out AC voltage, not DC....

could be a multitude of things....do the subs read correctly on the ohm setting on your meter? do you have them wired correctly....do you have power ground and turn on? have you tried a test speaker?

i really need to see how you did the rcas, thats my best guess at your problem

edit: kranny if he did that his rears would be playing low freq...correct? i could be wrong but thats why i ddient include it in mine

Edited by Freshman6969

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Well Ive been reading around and I will Reset the unit. and put the Subwoofer to "on", then If there is no source go into the sound settings, and all other 4 speakers play, but still no subs. Then no matter what once I click any source and go back to settings the subwoofer portion is greyed out.

BEST drawing i could do. if need clarification ask, both amps hooked up to a yellow top in the trunk and yes the bats fine i was running my 4 channel off it before i tried to install subs today

Dual 1 ohms is what i ordered so should be. and that is wired to 1 ohm i believe.

http://i39.photobuck.../ccaleb/amp.jpg

amp.jpg

Edited by noodlebot